- Address 100 Pingleyuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Dec. 9, 2022 USD Month
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
|Overview||Beijing Dublin International College (BDIC) is a partnership between University College Dublin (UCD) and Beijing University of Technology (BJUT). BDIC is seeking to recruit English teachers to teach students on its dual-degree programmes in Engineering & Finance.
Positions in Beijing are available from Spring 2023.
|Institution||Beijing-Dublin International College, Beijing University of Technology|
|Job Type||Fixed term, Full time|
- Regular teaching requirements:
- a) Classroom teaching: There will be 12 to 16 regular teaching hours per week, focusing on English for Academic Purposes. Teaching will take place on the BJUT campus in Beijing.
- b)Specific teaching assignments: assigned by the BDIC English Department 2-4 weeks ahead of the start of each semester.
- c) Office Hours: office hours are required weekly (6-8 classroom hours per-week) to offer tutorials to students across the college.
- d) Working weeks: English instructors are required to observe the university calendar of each semester and ensure their availability during all working weeks.
- e)It is expected that teaching will take place face-to-face on campus in Beijing. If travel is not possible before the start of the semester, a period of online teaching may be necessary. However, teachers are expected to cooperate fully with preparation of documentation and to be ready to travel as soon as it is possible.
- Other activities relevant to regular teaching requirements:
- a) Course preparation and planning of lessons to meet the learning outcomes indicated in the syllabus. This includes becoming familiar with set texts and recommended reading.
- b)Conduct regular formative and summative assessments, engage fully with standardisation and moderation processes, mark and give feedback on coursework, test papers, oral tests and submit provisional final grades.
- c) Attend weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings and be open to formative classroom observation and appraisal from the relevant programme coordinator.
- d) Fulfil other duties as assigned, which may include, but are not necessarily limited to open days, departmental meetings, invigilation, additional lectures, grade review, and extra-curricular activities.
Job Salary & Benefits
- Successful candidates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral Degree will be offered a starting monthly salary of 15,000 RMB 16,500 RMB and 18,000 RMB respectively before tax. Offers above this will be dependent upon professional and academic qualifications and relevant work experience.
- Housing: A fully-furnished on-campus apartment or a monthly allowance of 5,000 RMB will be offered when in Beijing.
- An annual travel allowance of 12,000RMB, payable in two instalments at the end of each semester, will be offered when in Beijing (under normal conditions).
- Full-time in-house visa officer to assist with obtaining a work permit and residence permit. Assistance with travel bookings as required.
- If necessary, due to pandemic-related travel restrictions and high costs, BDIC will buy tickets for teachers to travel to Beijing.
- If necessary, BDIC will also cover quarantine costs.
- Full medical insurance for within China.
- Holidays: off on all Chinese public holidays. Paid winter and summer vacations, (typically lasting 5-6 weeks each) for continuing contracted teachers.
- Performance-related salary increases (up to a maximum of 5% per annum).
- A campus experience with canteens and cafes on-site. There are also several gyms on campus.
- – Proficient English speaker
- – Undergraduate degree
- – CELTA, Trinity cert. TESOL (or equivalent English language teaching qualification)
- – Two years of relevant experience
- – Eligible for a Chinese visa
- – DELTA, Trinity Dip. TESOL (or equivalent English language teaching qualification)
- – Post-graduate qualification in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a related discipline
- – Experience of teaching in further or higher education settings
- – Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes
- – Experience of working in China or teaching Chinese learners
Desirable personal attributes
- – Ability to work well as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues.
- – Ability to adapt to new cultures, lifestyles and work environments
- – Conscientious and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
- – Cooperative and proactive in dealings with colleagues and academic management
- – Ability to work in an amenable, accommodating and flexible manner
- – Polite and positive in dealings with students and colleagues alike
Closing Date: 9th December 2022
Start Date: 13th February 2023
Interview Date: rolling