- Address No. 238 Songling Road, Laoshan District, Qingdao
- Qualification Masters
- Apply Before May 31, 2023
- Salary Offer RMB 18000-25000 per month USD RMB 18000-25000 per month Month
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Majors Wanted MA in TESOL or related field
- Department/School Website law.ouc.edu.cn
Recruitment Notice: Academic English Teacher for the University of Arizona–Ocean University of China Cooperative Law Program
In accordance with the principle of open and merit-based recruitment, the University of Arizona (UA) plans to recruit 1 foreign academic English teacher for the UA-Ocean University of China (OUC) Cooperative Law Program. The English teacher is required to teach at the OUC main campus in Qingdao, China.
The University of Arizona was established in 1885, and 27 years later, Arizona became a state. The University of Arizona is a premier, public research university. UA is the top 20 Public Research Institution. In areas as diverse as astronomy, medicine, optics, entrepreneurship, dance, and law UA faculty and programs are among the best in the United States.
Ocean University of China is a top-ranked comprehensive university in China that has long been supported by the Chinese government through its “Project 985” “Project 211” and “Project Double First-Class”.
UA and OUC established the UA-OUC Cooperative Law Program, which is the first and only Sino-U.S. dual degree undergraduate program that offers students the opportunity to study both Chinese and American legal systems over a four-year program and graduate with both an LL.B. from OUC and a B.A. in law from UA. Since its inception, the program is now very well-known for its exceptional academic rigor and is highly regarded among students, parents, and China’s legal circles. The first class of students on the OUC-UA Law degree program graduated in July 2019, with around 70% being admitted to prestigious graduate law programs in China, U.S., U.K., and Australia.
- Responsible for the daily English teaching tasks of the program, including course teaching for the students (at least12class hours per week), after-class tutoring, and related extracurricular activities. The primary objective will to teach academic writing to 2nd-year undergraduates with the support of a UA-designed course and teaching-learning platform.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the Cooperative Program, including but not limited to designing syllabus, improving the contents of courses, hosting foreign language corners, serving as judges in foreign language competitions such as debates and speech contests, participating in teaching seminars organized by relevant departments, etc., and to promote teaching quality.
- 3. Subject to OUC Law School’s and UA’s administration as full-time staff.
- MA in TESOL or related field.
- At least two years of experience teaching at the university level, including at least one year teaching academic writing in the context of English as an additional language (EAL).
- Preferred Qualifications: At least two years teaching first-year or foundation writing at a US/UK or other native-speaking university, preferably to EAL writers; Experience in teaching writing with genre-based and/or content-based approaches.
- Individual registration: Please pack your resume (including your study and work experience, professional skills, part-time jobs/other relevant experience, personal family status, etc.) and relevant supporting materials that can reflect your education background and work ability, and forward to email@example.com by the end of May 31, 2023.
Please fill in the application information in the resume truthfully. If any inconsistencies are discovered, once verified, applications will be cancelled. Paper resume materials will not be accepted during the registration period. After being shortlisted in the primary selection process, candidates shall provide hard copies according to the universities’ (OUC and UA) requirements.
- UA and OUC shall conduct a comprehensive investigation into any applications to best determine the most suitable candidate to be employed. Candidates will be notified of the investigation process in due course.
- Further investigation and approval from OUC.
Salaries and Benefits
- Provide a monthly salary of (pre-tax) RMB 18,000-25,000 depending on the applicants’qualifications and abilities.
- Other subsidiesfor medical insurance, heating expenses, free campus accommodation/rental costs, internet, and so on.
Address: No. 238 Songling Road, Laoshan District, Qingdao