* Please mention ChinaUniversityJobs.com when submitting your application.
- Address 99 Shangda Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Discipline Finance, Management, Economics and Business
- Last Refreshed Feb 9, 2022
- Department/School Website shusilc.shu.edu.cn
About the Job:
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant/Associate Professor or Professor in quantitative investment. The successful candidate will work for the development of innovative and leading-edge education and research programs in the field.
About SILC Business School:
SILC Business School, Shanghai University was founded in 1994 as a cooperative educational venture jointly owned by Shanghai University in China (SHU) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) in Australia. By bringing together the best aspects of SHU and UTS, integrating high-quality educational resources from abroad, and adhering to strict quality assurance measures, SILC has become the foremost Sino-foreign cooperative school in China. In February 2020, the school passed accreditation of AACSB for a period of five years.
Shanghai University and the University of Technology Sydney launched the international joint recruitment program to recruit first-class teachers globally. At present, the school has 176 teachers, including 88 Chinese full-time teachers, 28 foreign full-time teachers and 60 administrative staffs.
About Shanghai University:
Shanghai University has three campuses, Baoshan main campus, Yanchang campus and Jiading campus. The University offers a highly distinctive range of programs in the specialist areas of engineering, material science, fine arts, business, languages, etc. In 2020, Shanghai University became the first local 211 university in China that passed the AACSB international accreditation. According to 2020 world QS ranking, Shanghai University is ranked as 16th in mainland China. In April 2021, Shanghai University is ranked as 94th in the aspect of Impact Ranking by THE (Times Higher Education).
For further information of our University please view the University website at https://www.shu.edu.cn/
Duties and responsibilities:
Learning and Teaching
- Participate in planning and development of learning and teaching activities of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Apply innovative teaching materials and methods in teaching to ensure the quality and standards.
- Attend research and scholarship activities in the relevant fields.
- Conduct high-quality research in relevant fields.
Please note this job description is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other duties.
Education, qualifications and experience:
The successful candidate should have:
- A PhD in the relevant field.
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching on the subjects of International Business, digital economy & trade
and International Business Law, etc.
- Strong ability and team spirit to do research in a group
- Potential to release high-quality essays on SSCI journals
- Experienced in application for national research program and leading research groups.
- The attitude to engage in continuous development of learning, teaching, and research.
- Willingness to take administrative role in the department and school
- Excellent English communication skills
- The candidate who have enterprise working experience is preferred
SILC Business School, Shanghai University has appointed Ms. Zhang Yaxi as the recruitment contact person, please apply by sending a CV (including nationality) and a Cover Letter in Word or PDF Document through CUJ online application or email to email@example.com. Junior candidates should arrange three recommendation letters sent by the letter writers.
Salary: 220,000-320,000 CNY/Year (with the opportunity to go to higher level based on future performance and evaluations)
Contract Type: 1-year contract or 3-year contract, renewable