- Address Anhui University Qingyuan Campus, Hefei, Anhui, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
- Department/School Website sbiahu.ahu.edu.cn
Location: Anhui University (Longhe Campus), Hefei, China
Department: Stony Brook Institute at Anhui University
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2022. It is suggested that the new teacher arrives in China, no later than July 26, and arrives in Hefei no later than Aug. 9, to meet the quarantine regulations of the Chinese government.
Job Code: ISE001
Stony Brook Institute at Anhui University invites applications for Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor positions in Digital Media Technology. Candidates in the areas of Computer Science & Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field relevant to Computer Science are especially encouraged to apply. The candidates are expected to teach computing courses depending on the department’s teaching needs and help in the delivery and development of high-quality undergraduate teaching programs. The successful candidates should have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, and ideally will already have teaching experience at a college or university level. The successful candidate will be required to sign a contract to teach at SBIAHU for two years starting in September 2022.
The SBIAHU is inclusive, international, and friendly with a positive atmosphere of collaboration and support. We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency and we sincerely welcome applicants to join SBIAHU.
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science & Engineering, Information Systems or related area;
- Teaching in English with proficient English language competence;
- Holding academic or research positions in overseas universities or research institutes by June1st, 2022 and have continuous working experience for more than 36 months. The requirements for working experience can be adjusted if the candidates earned their doctoral degree overseas and have made outstanding academic achievements.
- Experience in teaching High-level Language Programming, Object-Oriented Programming, Data Structure, Information Technology, Database Design, Information Management, Networking, Human-Computer Interaction, User-Interface Development, Project Management, Legal, Social and Ethical Issues in Information Systems or other related courses in a university setting;
- Experience with assessment and curriculum development;
- Knowledge of current theories and teaching methods of the courses mentioned above.
- Teaching four 90-minute classes per week (twosections per week, two 90-minute classes per section). The normal class size is about 50 students.
- Attending weekly teaching preparation meetings (about one hour per week).
- Holding office hours, assigning grades, advising students, preparing course materials (e.g., syllabus), creating and grading exams and homework, and interacting with other faculty and staff to contribute to current and future innovative pedagogical efforts in undergraduate teaching.
- Participating in extra-curricular activities such as supporting and supervising students in competitions, research, essays, and other academic activities. Those extra duties will be no more than 4 hours per week.
Salary and Benefits:
- Two-year contract (24 months)
- The scales for salary are:
- ¨ Assistant Professor: 350k – 450k RMB per annum（before tax）
- ¨ Associate Professor: 500k – 600k RMB per annum（before tax）
- ¨ Professor: 700k – 800k RMB per annum（before tax）
The salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- If the candidate is overseas, a round trip* international Economy-class airfare will be covered (payable upon presentation of receipts and boarding pass) within one term of contract.
* Reimbursement of airfare from Hefei to overseas is not applicable if you are to stay in China after the term of the contract.
- Social insurance according to AHU regulations.
- If quarantined for entering China or traveling from COVID high-risk areas (defined by the City of Hefei) to Hefei, the quarantine cost (hotel room, food) will be covered by SBIAHU. SBIAHU will pay the contracted monthly payment during the quarantine.
Stony Brook Institute at Anhui University (SBIAHU) is a joint academic institution established between Anhui University (AHU) and Stony Brook University (SBU). Conceptualized in 2018, SBIAHU brings together the flagship universities of Anhui Province and New York State to form the first China-US joint institute in Anhui Province, capitalizing on the universities’ shared strengths in research and STEM disciplines, a focus on developing globally competent graduates, and the mutual connection to Anhui native and Stony Brook Professor Emeritus C.N. Yang (Nobel Laureate 1957).
In 2020, SBIAHU opened its doors to its inaugural class, providing students with a dynamic global education that combines the teaching, curriculum, and research strengths of both AHU and SBU. The joint curriculum offers three undergraduate programs: Applied Physics, Applied Statistics, and Digital Media Technology.
Classes are offered at SBIAHU during three sessions: Spring term (20 weeks), Summer term (6 weeks), and Fall term (20 weeks). Chinese Holidays are observed at SBIAHU.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- A videotaped brief self-introduction, interest, and purpose including what teaching and academic work the applicant has completed and how the work has prepared him/her for the specific position at SBIAHU.
- Letters of support from two people who are familiar with the applicant’s teaching.
- Optional: Supplementary materials showing evidence of teaching effectiveness.
The selection process will include a presentation and a panel interview. To apply please send your application documents to SBIAHU@ahu.edu.cn and quote the job code in the subject.
Help contact: email@example.com