Job Posting Details
In the rapidly changing environment of the 21st century, there is an increasing need to forge bridges across disciplines to address emerging challenges and problems. Through its commitment to academic excellence, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) has developed world-class strengths in many subjects over its short 30-year history. With a strong track record of cultivating high end talents and nurturing future leaders for academia and industry, HKUST is well positioned to craft an innovative approach to cross-disciplinary education and research in its Guangzhou campus, HKUST(GZ), and meet the needs of an ever-evolving world.
The Financial Technology Thrust Area of Society Hub of HKUST(GZ) invites applications for tenure-track positions at all ranks in all fields of FinTech. For more information about the Fintech Thrust, please visit https://hkust-gz.edu.cn/academics/four-hubs/society-hub/financial-technology.
Qualification of Candidates
We seek talents in the cutting-edge research in FinTech. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Big data in finance;
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in finance;
- Blockchain technology, smart contracts, and digital currencies;
- Robo advising, modern portfolio analysis and risk management;
- Algorithm trading and financial predictions;
- Technological innovations for financial services;
- Regulatory issues and challenges in FinTech;
- Financial Inclusion.
Applicants must have a PhD degree in relevant fields.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
Salary is highly competitive of international standard and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous start-up funding, ample laboratory space and excellent research equipment and support will be provided.
All posts are Mainland China appointments to be offered by the HKUST Mainland entity in accordance with the local employment laws and regulations. Appointment to Professor rank and some Associate Professor rank will be made on substantive basis while initial appointment to other faculty ranks will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to three years.
- Please submit the application via the HKUST/ HKUST(GZ) Recruitment System (https://facrecruit.hkust.edu.hk/). You should first sign up to create your personal account. For more information, please visit the recruitment website (https://gz-faculty-recruitment.hkust.edu.hk/) and FAQ page (https://gz-faculty-recruitment.hkust.edu.hk/faq).
- You can also apply with CUJ online application or email the Fintech Thrust at: email@example.com with subject title of “Application to Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor at FTEC, advertised on ChinaUniversityJobs.com”.
Review of applications will continue until all positions are filled. We thank applicants for their interest. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of their application.
(Information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.)