- Address 800 Dongchuan Road, Minhang District, Shanghai, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Salary Offer Negotiable USD Negotiable Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Last Refreshed Jan. 29, 2022
The Institute of Medical Robotics at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (IMR@SJTU) has been established to harness the latest advances in robotics and allied technologies to transform the future of surgery, rehabilitation and hospital automation. Its founding dean, Professor Guang-Zhong Yang, an internationally renowned scholar in robotics and the founding editor of Science Robotics, has led a concerted effort to promote robotics research, education, technological development and clinical translation, by leveraging the unique engineering strength, basic science research and the strong clinical base of Shanghai.
Committed to providing solutions for early diagnosis and personalised treatment of major illnesses such as cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases, the IMR@SJTU is focusing its research on the development of agile, intelligent, and minimally invasive medical robotics technologies. The vision of the IMR@SJTU is to promote cross-disciplinary collaboration to accelerate the translation of research results, develop new talents and forge international collaboration.
The Institute aims to drive novel, underpinning technologies in medical robotics and spearhead research innovation and development of new medical equipment with robotics and machine intelligence at its core. It is also building a multidisciplinary talent and business incubation base for aspiring professionals, supporting bench-to-bed transformation of new robotics technologies. With its mission to support clinical translation, the IMR@SJTU is partnering with leading teaching hospitals in Shanghai to establish joint research centres focussing on different clinical specialties. New breakthroughs are already emerging in the use of medical robots for urological, cardiopulmonary, oral and craniofacial diseases, as well as assistive robots based on soft exoskeletons. The Institute is making significant inroads in the development of new micro-nano robotics technologies by integrating micro-actuation, imaging, sensing and endoluminal therapy and drug delivery. The Institute is also broadening its international collaboration through regular research exchange with world-renowned research institutions and organisation of international conferences, academic forums and competitions. It aims to be a global hub for medical robotics and applied research towards successful clinical adoption and commercialisation.
1. Got a doctorate in world-class universities, first-class subject or scientific research institutions, with some work experience preferred;
2. Have strong academic research and teaching capabilities; have had a clear research interest and achieved several scientific research results, with the potential to become an excellent teacher in the subject;
3. Be physically and mentally healthy and decent, with outstanding academic potential, good professional ethics and teamwork spirits.
1. Undertake the scientific research and teaching work specified by SJTU;
2. Make scientific researches, preside over or participate in various scientific research projects at or above the provincial and ministerial level, and publish high-level academic papers and works;
3. Organize or participate in the construction of related fields;
4. Undertake the work of management or other social service designated by IMR.
Salary & Benefits:
1. Provide competitive salaries, scientific research start-up fee and housing allowance;
2. Provide transitional apartments and help handle the children’s enrollment;
3. Enjoy the medical services provided by many affiliated hospitals of SJTU;
4. Be encouraged to apply for various national or Shanghai talent programs with the support of SJTU.
Candidates are requested to provide detailed resumes, academic degree certificates, at least five representative academic publications, proofs of teaching achievements and academic contributions, future work plans and other electronic materials, and send them to the contact email or via CUJ online application.
IMR receives application materials all the year round and organizes candidate selection and review regularly.
Institute of Medical Robotics
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Dongchuan Road 800, Minhang District, Shanghai, China
* Please mention ChinaUniversityJobs.com when submitting your application.