- Address 2001 Longxiang Boulevard, Shenzhen, China
- Qualification PhD
- Department/School Website cuhk.edu.cn/en
The CUHK-Shenzhen School of Medicine and its CUHK-Shenzhen Medical Centre (3,000 beds) were born out of an agreement inked by the Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen in January 2019. At present, Shenzhen is undertaking the historical missions of spearheading the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) as a Pilot Demonstration Area of a Special Economic Zone. Against this backdrop of growing opportunities, the establishment of CUHK-Shenzhen MEDICINE is expected to deepen the cooperation between Shenzhen and Hong Kong, upgrade Shenzhen’s healthcare services, catalyze GBA’s medical and health care industries, and ultimately fulfill the “Healthy China” national strategy.
Based in Shenzhen and the Greater Bay Area, we are building a world-class medical school integrating three major functions:
- High-level medical talent training and recruitment;
- Advancing comprehensive clinical services;
- Developing innovative medical research.
More information can be found on https://med.cuhk.edu.cn/en
We are looking for high-caliber clinical professionals for the posts of Chairs in these Departments below:
- Anesthesiology, Pain & Intensive Care Medicine
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Clinical Epidemiology & Population Health
- Emergency Medicine & Traumatology
- Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
- Medical Imaging & Biophysics
- Medicine and Medical Subspecialties
- Oncology (medical, radiation and surgical)
- Ophthalmology & Vision Sciences
- Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Women Health & Reproductive Medicine
- To influence, promote, and support the MED’s and Hospital’s strategic plans;
- To lead and build a research-intensive academic Department and to develop a departmental strategic plan to carry out the tripartite mission of patient care, teaching and research and ensure synergy with MED and University level planning; and oversees the implementation of the plan;
- To develop and foster co-operative relationships among the departments’ members and with other teams and University, Hospital(s) departments and staff;
- To advocate for sufficient clinical and academic funding from the university and the hospitals to support the departmental mission and through collaboration with local, regional, provincial and national or international funding agencies and foundations;
- To oversee faculty and trainee’s development and to monitor the career development process (i.e. provide mentoring and professional development opportunities) for faculty and trainees;
- To ensure that all department members understand and in compliance with the relevant legislation, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures and ethical guidelines of the University and the Hospital(s) in which they function.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Hold a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or its equivalent degree;
- Possess a valid medicine and/or specialist certificate;
- Have record of distinguished leadership in teaching, research and clinical activities; currently hold a Full Professor rank or eligible for appointment as Full Professor.
- Have significant academic and administrative experience in academic hospital or department management;
- Nationally/Internationally recognized in his/her clinical specialty.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made with CUHK(SZ), and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK(SZ) regulations and Affiliated Hospital regulations.
Applications should be directed to the email address below in confidence. Review of nominations and applications will begin in May 2022, and will continue until the post is filled.
Application package, including (1) Cover Letter, (2) Full CV, (3) Research Statement, (4) Teaching Statement, (5) Service Statement; (6) subsequent 3 Reference Letters are required if selected for interview.
Email Address: [email protected]