- Address Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Open until filled
Job location: Beijing, China
Description of the Position
The HR department head is responsible for the overall human resources development and management of the College; ensuring the quality and stability of the human resources of the College; and promoting the overall talent development of the College through system creation, supervision and effective implementation of internal human resources.
Direct subordinate positions of HR department head include: Compensation & Performance Manager, Recruitment and Employee Relations Manager/Specialist, Training and Development Specialist and Faculty HR Specialist.
- Develop HR strategies; establish and optimize HR policies and systems; set up annual department operation and budget plan, which contents compensation, performance management, training, employee relationship and etc.; conduct medium and long-term plans.
- Build and conduct annual planning on headcount management, including recruitment, selection and dismissal of employees; build up and maintain job system and career path for local and international employees.
- Establish staff training system; set up the training curriculum system; implement annual training plan and projects.
- Establish a compensation and benefit system; conduct annual budget on labor cost and maintain compensation and benefit system.
- Establish a performance management system and ensure the effective combination of performance results and employee promotion, training, career development, etc.
- Optimize management system of employee relations, including employee affairs such as contract management, personnel file management, opening employment certificate, etc; improve employee satisfaction.
- Develop internal mechanisms for managing complaints about staff, including discrimination and/or harassment.
- Oversee all College data protection matters in conjunction with the New York office.
- Establish and manage clear processes and manual for international employees to work in China, including clear information about visas, banking, taxes, social insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, and at least eight (8) years of HR management experience in related industries and organizations; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective bi-lingual fluency (Chinese and English), including both verbal and written communication skills.
- Systematic understanding of HR management, and be familiar with market practices of various modules in human resources within the industry.
- Ability to plan and design the regulations of HR management based on organizational needs and best practices.
- Excellent and independent logical thinking, ability to identify potential problems in a timely manner and solve problems.
- Excellent leadership and team management experience, be able to lead, manage and build a team.
- Responsible, problem solver, self-driven, results-oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to listen to and understand others, accurately express information, use a variety of means to respond to various communication scenarios and effectively influence others.
- Experience working in the education industry.
- Experience working with employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint), and the ability to quickly learn other software programs as needed.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work successfully in fast-paced and changing environment, have a strong willingness to learn and take initiative, the ability to quickly understand and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in both English and Mandarin to [email protected]