Job Post – Director of Academic Administration Office
Position Title: Director of Academic Administration Office
Reporting to: Pro-Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: AAO-2022009
The incumbent needs to ensure that all of work are carried on smoothly and effectively. Detailed duties and responsibilities are as follows.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration procedure of faculty recruitment, including contract term negotiation, responding to inquiries, and overseeing the relocation process for new faculty that the Academic Administration Office is responsible for;
- Assist in the administration of faculty academic procedures such as: promotion, leave etc., in conjunction with the Technion academic office and the PVC for Academic Affairs;
- Assist in the hire of direct supporting staff (lab technicians, research assistants, etc.) for all faculty (researchers, professors), and coordination of academic appointments for postdoctoral fellows;
- Prepare and implement academic administrative procedures and projects as defined and requested by the PVC for Academic Affairs, including budget for academic manpower, recruitment, compensation and benefits, contract management, scheme for faculty performance appraisal, training and development etc..; be responsible for the application for talent title and talent recruitment funding programs that Academic Administration Office is handling and to monitor whether internal policies conform to legal norms;
- Facilitate the PVC for Academic affairs to oversee a wide array of regular operational aspects of academic conferences, symposiums and other academic activities;
- Create faculty’s personal academic files and data in conjunction with Technion academic office and PVC for Academic Affairs;
- Supervise the team in the department and provide coaching and guidance;
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action for academic staff when required;Complete other tasks assigned by superiors.
Required Job Specifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and in Chinese;
- More than 10 years of HR work experience, more than 3 years of academic administration or academic affairs experiences is preferred;
- Complete understanding of Chinese labor laws, labor contract law and regulations related to recruitment, and cross culture working environment;
- Good at coordination, strong ability to address challenges and solve critical problems; good at thinking, analysis and planning; excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
Required Job Competencies
- Fluent English communication skills, especially writing and speaking
- Negotiation skills: high
Please send your cover letter, English and Chinese CVs to email@example.com in the format of name + position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Read more on Source link