- Address Houbiaoying Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
Introduction to Nanjing Agricultural University
Located in the well-endowed historic and cultural city of Nanjing, Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU) is a national key institution of higher learning, directly affiliated to the Chinese Ministry of Education. Famously known for its established disciplines in agriculture and life sciences, NAU also offers balanced, comprehensive programs in diverse branches of learning, including sciences, economics, management, engineering, humanities and law. NAU is a university covered by the 211 Program and has been selected as one of the Innovation Platforms for Outstanding Disciplines listed under the National 985 Excellence Initiative Project as well as one of the institutions of higher education chosen to develop world-class disciplines under China’s Double First-class University Project. Read More.
English Teacher Recruitment
The role of a Foreign English lecturer is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have 16 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
Note that the position is tentative as we have recruited one teacher for Spring 2024 and may have additional vacancies for September depending on the teaching demands from the school.
1. Bachelor or above degree
2. Native English Speakers
3. Age under 60 years old
4. You must have either 2 years teaching experience or 120 hours of TEFL or English/Education Major
1. Monthly salary: 8,000 RMB/month for Bachelor degree holders. 9,000 RMB/month for Master degree holders. Teachers will be paid for 10 months. 3,000 RMB/month housing stipend if you choose not to live on campus.
2. On-campus apartment.
3. Insurance for appointees;
4. Flight reimbursement for air tickets up to 12,000 RMB; You will need to purchase your ticket and get reimbursed after you arrive at NAU; please keep your air ticket receipt.
5. Paid holidays within the contract period
1. Usually 16 classes per week from the 4th to the 11th week of the academic calendar; 10 classes per week from the 12th to the 18th week.
2. Teach listening, oral English and phonetics courses to freshmen at Pukou Campus.
3. The main campus is next to the Zijin Mountain in downtown area, which is very convenient as it is close to the subway station.
1. “Nanjing Agricultural University is located in Nanjing, the ancient capital of the Six Dynasties, with outstanding geographical advantages. Although it can’t be compared with the first-tier cities, Nanjing can still let you experience the feeling of a metropolis. Unlike most schools that are located in the suburbs, NUA Weigang Campus is only four stops away from Xinjiekou, the busiest area in the city center, and backed by Zijinshan Mountain, a famous mountain in the southeast. The campus has a beautiful environment and a favorable location. From the campus, you can see the rolling Zijinshan Mountain and instantly understand why it is known as the Dragon’s Vein.”
2. “The campus of Nanjing Agricultural University is not big, but it is beautiful. The campus has luxuriant trees and flowers blooming everywhere. The campus has a long history and there are several cultural relic buildings. The location is excellent. Out the north door is the Xiamafang subway exit, ten minutes to the center of Nanjing Xinjiekou, you can find places to eat, drink and play easily. What makes me most satisfied is that the Weigang Campus is located on the north side of the scenic Zhongshan Mountain, and you can see the green mountains when you look up from the teaching area. On weekends, students can go hiking together and stand on the top of Zhongshan overlooking Xuanwu Lake and the city skyline.”
3. “Weigang Campus is the main campus of Nanjing Agricultural University and can be reached by subway line 2 to the north gate of the school.
The most famous attraction of the campus is the main building which can be seen as soon as you enter the door and has a long history. When the weather is sunny, you can stand in the north of the main building and see Zhongshan Mausoleum, the steps of which can be seen clearly.
There are six cafeterias on campus, each of which is a food court and worth a visit.”
4. “I have to say: it’s good to be young!
Nanjing Agricultural in summer is really beautiful, wishing better and better!
By the way, congratulations to the old site of Nanjing Agricultural College was selected as one of the fifth batch of Nanjing cultural relics protection units list!”
5. “First of all, let’s talk about the environment. Nanjing Agricultural University is located in the suburbs of Nanjing, surrounded by beautiful environment and fresh air. The campus is full of green trees and flowers, giving people a comfortable feeling. At the same time, the school’s architecture is also very distinctive, with the combination of ancient buildings and modern facilities, which makes people feel comfortable. Strolling around the campus can make you feel peaceful and beautiful, and keep you away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Secondly, talk about swimming. Nanjing Agricultural University is an agricultural university, so the swimming facilities on campus are very complete. The water quality of the swimming pool is clear and the water temperature is suitable, which makes people feel comfortable. Here, I can swim to my heart’s content, release pressure and relieve fatigue. In addition, swimming is also a good sport, which can help us strengthen our body and improve our cardiorespiratory function.
Overall, the environment and swimming facilities of Nanjing Agricultural University are excellent. It not only has a beautiful natural environment, but also modern facilities and excellent service. It makes me feel very comfortable and satisfied here. I believe that as time goes by, Nanjing Agricultural University will become better and better and become an ideal school for more students.”
6. NAU is located in line 2, Shimafang Station, close to Zhongshan Scenic Area, with good geographical advantages and convenient transportation. Weigang Campus is not a large area, compared to the next door Nanjing University of Science and Technology, it is really small, but you can find everything complete, everything is there. The key thing is the location is superior.
The environment on campus is good, with a lot of tall trees and a sense of history. The main building should be a landmark. Welcome to visit the campus!