- Address Dalian, Liaoning Province, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Aug 31, 2022 USD Month
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
English Teacher Recruitment
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have a 14-16 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
1. Native English speakers from the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland
2. No more than 60 years old
3. Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
4. At least 2-year experiences of teaching or Corresponding Teaching Certificate
Salary and Benefits of Employment
1. Monthly Salary: 12,000 RMB/month on 14-16 teaching hours per week
2. Accommodation: a furnished apartment is provided for free
3. Medical Care: health insurance
4. Air Ticket: round-trip flight ticket from and to your home country is provided (after one-year contract).
5. Contract is from Sept. 2022 to Jul. 2023 for 11 months. You will also get 1,400 RMB extra for Chinese New Year during winter vacation.
6. For about 2 days per week, teacher needs to take school bus to Lu Shun Campus teaching undergraduate classes. An additional 70 RMB/day will apply as stipend.
Quarantine Information for Overseas Applicants
1. For now, quarantine (7 days in Beijing/Shanghai and 3 days in Dalian) are still required; hotel fees are covered by our university with a cap (RMB 350/day for hotel, and RMB 100/day for meals). The expenses over the cap need to be paid by teachers. From past experience, very likely teachers don’t need to pay any or only need to pay a small fraction of the total expenses.
2. Teach online classes during the quarantine
3. After quarantine, you are required to commute to Lu Shun Campus for teaching undergraduate classes. School bus takes about 1 hour each way. Teachers get stipend for teaching on Lu Shun Campus.
Life on Campus
About The City – Dalian
Located on the east coast of Eurasia Continent, Dalian consists of 260 islands of different sizes. One of the nation’s 14 first coastal cities to open up to the outside world, Dalian serves as an important port in China. As an international center for airlines, logistics and regional finance in Northeast Asia, it is also northeast China’s largest port.
It is also among the “Best Tourist Cities in China” selected by the World Tourism Organization. In March 1999, the National Tourism Administration named Dalian “Capital of Romance”. Surrounding the city are prime spots to enjoy water sports, while every year it hosts various events such as the Sand Beach Cultural Festival, the International Fashion Festival and the International Beer Festival. With the Bohai Sea to the west and the Yellow Sea in the east, Dalian is neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter. Dalian promotes tourism through the 3S: – sun, sand and sea in summer and springtime climate, sports and shopping in winter. More than 40 percent of the city is covered by greenery, the equivalent of 11.1 sq m for every resident. Dalian has been awarded many titles for its environment, including the China Residence Award and the National Environment Protection Model City. It was among the world’s top 500 cities with excellent environment listed by the United Nations.