- Qualification Bachelors
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
I. University Profile
Jiaxing Nanhu University is located at the Bank of Jiaxing South Lake, the central city of the Yangtze River Delta. It is a full-time ordinary undergraduate university established with the approval of the Ministry of Education and organized by Jiaxing Municipal People’s Government. Its predecessor is Nanhu College of Jiaxing University. In December 2020, under the background of “building the Party for a hundred years and building the University for a hundred years”, the University was named after the place where the revolutionary red ship sailed – “Jiaxing South Lake”, and was successfully transformed into a public undergraduate university, opening a new journey in an all-round way.
The university has a good foundation, and it covers an area of more than 900 mu so far (planned land of more than 300 mu), with 13 secondary teaching departments and 34 undergraduate majors, covering 6 university disciplines such as literature, law, economics, management, engineering and medicine, and more than 7700 full-time undergraduate students; There are more than 430 full-time teachers, of which teachers with deputy senior professional and technical positions or above account for more than 30%; There are 11 experimental teaching demonstration centers above the provincial level, including the economic management experimental center. The total value of teaching instruments and equipment is more than 100 million yuan, and the library has a paper collection of 760000 books.
II. Recruitment Requirements and Conditions
- 1、Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, be in good health，behave properly without any criminal record.
- 2、You must be a native speaker of English and have a bachelor’s degree or above.
- 3、You must have 2 years of relevant education work experiences and must have language teaching certificate such as TEFL\TESOL\CELTA.
- 4、Your age should be under 60. You must be a good team player and have the enthusiasm to undertake teaching work with high sense of responsibility .
- 5、Teaching experience in Chinese universities is preferred, or applicants with degree in linguistics, pedagogy and other related majors are preferred.
III. Workload and salary
- 1、Workload: 16 class hours per week including teaching tasks (oral English and English speech and debate courses) and other tasks (1. Guidance, training and judging of College Students’ English competitions; 2. Organization and guidance of English corner oral communication training; 3. College English drama performance rehearsal guidance and judge work；4. Other teaching and research activities arranged by the college).
- 2、Salary package: The salary of foreign teachers includes monthly salary, airfare allowance, seniority allowance, etc. The salary standard shall be determined in accordance with professional ranks and titles, or academic qualifications of foreign teachers.
- 3、Accommodation: free apartment is provided.
- 4、Insurance: commercial and social insurance for foreign teachers in accordance with law. Holidays: Chinese national holidays, summer and winter holidays of the university. Contract is for one year.
IV. The application materials required
The applicant packages the following materials. The deadline is Nov.30th, 2021
- 1、Personal resume including electronic photograph
- 2、Copies of the highest degree certificate and other relevant teaching certificates
- 3、Relevant work experience certificates or other relevant materials