- Address Shandong University Qingdao Campus, Jimo, Qingdao, Shandong, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website www.qitcs.qd.sdu.edu.cn
Qingdao Institute for Theoretical and Computational Sciences (QiTCS; http://www.qitcs.qd.sdu.edu.cn/) is a newly founded research institute associated to Shandong University at Qingdao campus. QiTCS focuses on theories, methods, algorithms, software and applications in theoretical and computational chemistry, biophysics, materials, condensed matter and numerical mathematics. In each of the 5 directions there will be 2 to 3 principle investigators, each of whom may lead a group of 2 to 3 faculty members (full, associate or assistant professors), totaling up to 40 faculty members. Personnels who are skilled at software development are especially welcome.
QiTCS plans to recruit 10~15 principle investigators (Chair Professor, Distinguished Professor, SDU Outstanding Scholar, Young Global Experts, SDU QILU Young Scholars, Tenure-track Faculty),30 other faculty members (regular full professors, associate professors or assistant professors, 10 of whom will work with Prof. Wenjian Liu), and unlimited number of postdoctoral research fellows and postgraduate students in theoretical and computational chemistry, biophysics, materials, condensed matter and mathematics. If you are interested, please contact us via email [email protected], with subject JOB APPLICATION. The relevant forms can be found from http://www.rsrc.sdu.edu.cn/info/1331/8231.htm.
- Chair Professor
≤55 years old; annual salary: over 800,000 RMB: discipline construction funds: over 5,000,000 RMB; team allowance: 300,000 RMB; housing allowance: 1,000,000 RMB.
- Distinguished Professor
≤55 years old; annual salary: over 600,000 RMB: discipline construction funds: over 3,000,000 RMB; team allowance: 200,000 RMB; housing allowance: 800,000 RMB.
- SDU Outstanding Scholar
≤45 years old; annual salary: over 400,000 RMB: discipline construction funds: over 2,000,000 RMB; housing allowance: 500,000 RMB.
- Young Global Experts
- Applicants should be below the age of 40 and engaged in theoretical and computational chemistry, biophysics, materials, condensed matter and mathematics.
- Applicants should possess a doctoral degree granted by a prestigious overseas university, with formal teaching and research positions in overseas prestigious universities, and be able to work full time in China. As elites among their peers in their fields, the young professionals shall have the potential of becoming leading figures in the future. Outstanding doctorate-degree holders can be recruited in exceptional cases.
- Generally, applicants should not work full time in mainland China when they apply for the program; alternatively, they may have worked full time in mainland China for no more than one year. Once recruited, applicants should be able to work full time in Shandong University.
- Applicants qualified for the official interview of National Young 1000 Talents Program and other outstanding young scholars may be recommended for initial programs for young talents in Shandong University.
- Academic title: Professor and doctoral student supervisor with special quotas for recruiting doctoral students.
- Salary: The annual salary is over 500,000 RMB.
- Housing benefits: 1.5 million RMB (including allowance from the national and provincial governments). The SDU Experts’ apartments
are available at preferential rent during the first two terms of appointment.
- Funds for research development: about 1 to 3 million RMB from the national government plus additional funding of 1:1 (minimum ratio) provided by SDU.
- SDU will help to arrange jobs for spouses as well as
provide high-quality health care and on-campus schooling for children of the successful applicants.
- SDU QILU Young Scholars
- Applicants should be doctoral degree holders under the age of 35.
- Overseas applicants are required to be assistant professors or higher-level academics in renowned universities or hold corresponding positions in research institutes. Those who have experience of long-term overseas academic training will also be considered.
- Applicants should have strong academic potential and have already made significant achievements in their research fields.
- Academic title: Professor and doctoral student supervisor.
- Salary: The annual salary is 300,000 to 400,000 RMB.
- Housing benefits: SDU will provide an allowance of 300,000 to 500,000 RMB. The SDU Experts’ apartments are available at preferential rent during the first two terms of appointment.
- Funds for research development: SDU will provide successful applicants with no less than one million RMB.
- High-quality health care and on-campus schooling for the children of successful applicants.
- Tenure-track Faculty
- Position requirements: In general, the age limit is 32 for assistant professor candidates, 35 for associate professor candidates, and 40 for professor candidates.
- A professor candidate should be an assistant professor or a postdoctoral research fellow from prestigious overseas universities or research institutes. Candidates for associate professor and assistant professor positions should be postdoctoral research fellows or Ph.D graduates from prestigious overseas universities or research institutes.
- Competitive salary and allowance (depending on contribution)
- Research fund of RMB60,000-200,000; RMB200,000-500,000 for those who are selected in the “SDU Young Scholars Program”.
- Housing allowance, high-quality health care and on-campus schooling for the children of successful applicants.
- Postdoctoral Research FellowPostdoctoral research fellows in Shandong University are divided into 3 types according to different funds: special funds, key funds and project funds. General requirements are as follows:
- Applicants should be Ph.D graduates under the age of 35 from prestigious domestic or overseas universities or research institutions within the past 3 years.
- Have made outstanding research achievements during Ph.D study.
- A consecutive postdoctoral research period for no less than 21 months in Shandong University is required.
- The minimum funds for each postdoctoral research fellow of special funds is 300,000RMB/year, and 200,000RMB/year for each postdoctoral research fellow of key funds, 120,000RMB/year for each postdoctoral research fellow of project funds.
- Social insurance and housing accumulation funds in China by the same standard of counterpart teaching faculty are provided. Foreign postdoctoral research fellows are covered by commercial health insurance.
- Appraisal for professional titles is open for postdoctoral research fellows in station
- Apartments for postdoctoral research fellows near the university are available for rent.
- High-quality health care and on-campus schooling for children of the successful applicants working full-time at SDU.