- Address 600 Dunyu Road Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website en.westlake.edu.cn
Faculty Positions at Chemical Biology Center, Westlake University
Location: Yungu, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Founded in 2018, Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in Hangzhou, China, supported by public and private funding. Preceded by the Westlake Institute for Advanced Study, Westlake University is creating a stimulating, world-class environment for research and education in science, engineering and technology, and life sciences. The newly established Chemical Biology Center (CBC) is recruiting multiple faculty members in all ranks (Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Full Professor).
We are seeking outstanding scientists to lead vigorous independent research programs focusing on all aspects of chemical biology. Competitive candidates should have a Ph.D., an outstanding record of research accomplishments, an innovative future research plan, an ability to achieve teaching excellence at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and a commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive community in the practice and teaching of science. Suitable candidates will hold academic appointment in either School of Life Sciences or School of Science. Successful candidates will be expected to establish a vibrant research program, teach graduate and undergraduate courses, and participate in university service and public outreach.
Westlake University has state-of-the-art core facilities and a stimulating academic environment that fosters interdisciplinary collaborations among researchers. Internationally competitive salary and startup package will be provided.
Applicants should submit:
1. Cover letter: rank of the position that you apply to, overview of the goals/vision of your research program, your most significant scientific accomplishments, a summary of experiences and qualifications that position you to achieve your goals.
2. Curriculum vitae: a complete list of publications should be included.
3. Statement of Research Summary (maximum of 1 page) and Research Proposals (maximum of 6 pages).
4. For applicants of tenure-track assistant professor positions, 3 letters of reference should be arranged to be sent directly by referees.
All application materials should be submitted via http://apply.interfolio.com/106037.
Completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Contact Information: [email protected]