- Address Tsinghua University Shenzhen Graduate School, Nanshan, Shenzhen, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Human Habitats, Urban Science, Digital Architecture or related
About the Forum
The 2021 International Interdisciplinary Innovation Forum at Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School (SIGS) aims to provide a platform for academic exchange among scholars all over the world, promote interdisciplinary and academic innovation, and serve as an important platform for Tsinghua SIGS to attract talents. Tsinghua SIGS will continue to recruit global talents and strive towards becoming a world-class graduate school.
About Tsinghua SIGS
Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School (Tsinghua SIGS) was launched in March 2019. As Tsinghua University’s sole campus located outside of Beijing. Tsinghua SIGS is a further expansion and integration of the Tsinghua Graduate School at Shenzhen (GSST) and the Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI).
Our mission is to reshape graduate education as well as research and development to better serve local, national, regional, and global sustainable development. Tsinghua SIGS will nurture the next generations of global leaders, tackle global challenges through international collaborations, and facilitate interdisciplinary research and industrial partnerships.
Tentative Forum Schedule
October 14, 2021: Plenary Session
Future Human Habitats Area
Future Human Habitats: Global Innovation Center on Design Thinking for Future Human Habitats, Future Urban Science and Supporting Technology System, Digital Architecture and Intelligent Construction, Innovation Center for Humanity Technology of Future Human Habitats
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
- A doctoral or equivalent degree in relevant academic area is required.
- At least two-year working experience at a university or research institute is normally required.
- Research experience across various fields and institutions and strong teaching performance are preferred.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communication, teaching and leadership skills in English as well as the ability to actively contribute to the rapidly growing research efforts at Tsinghua SIGS.
- A strong commitment to teaching and supervising postgraduate students is essential. Teaching responsibilities will include participation in and development of graduate courses and strong engagement with Tsinghua SIGS’s core curriculum. Supervision of PhD and MSc students and academic mentoring of trainees at all levels is also expected.
The forum is open to apply now. The application deadline is September 15, 2021.
(Tsinghua SIGS is accepting applications for tenure-track/tenured Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors on a regular basis. If you submit documents after September 15, we will keep your application in our resume database for next round , which will be arranged around early 2022. )
Shortlisted applicants will receive an invitation letter on or before September 30, 2021.
3. Application Documents
a) Curriculum Vitae
b) SIGS Faculty Application Form ( https://talent.sigs.tsinghua.edu.cn/#/fileList )
c) Research/Teaching/Service Statement
d) PDF copies of 3 to 5 representative publications
e) Arrange 3-5 reference letters sent from renowned experts in related fields (the letters must be emailed to [email protected] directly and they can be sent after the invitation letter is received)
4. How to Apply
Please send the above application documents (in English) to the contact person of each theme area, (Subject: Forum Application in XX area at Tsinghua SIGS). Please be sure to add the subject in this format.
Future Human Habitats, Contact: Ms. Hou, email: [email protected]
Salary and Benefits
1. Annual salary
Tsinghua SIGS will provide a highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
2. Funding Support
Tsinghua SIGS will provide research start-up package, basic supportive funding and relocation reimbursement for qualified faculty.
3. Student and Postdoctoral Recruitment
Tsinghua SIGS will finance up to 2 Ph.D. students and provide competitive salary package for post-doctoral researcher for faculty member.
Contact of HR Office
Tsinghua SIGS welcomes you to the forum and looks forward to your active participation!