- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Discipline Finance, Management, Economics and Business
The Shanghai AI Laboratory seeks scholars from around the world for faculty positions in Artificial Intelligence in all ranks: Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor. The Laboratory will work on a number of frontier areas of AI, which include basic theory, systems and platforms, cutting-edge technologies, novel applications, as well as ethics and policy. We are now looking for the candidates who are keen to innovate in these areas, renovate the research paradigms, or leverage AI technologies to transform the industry or our life. If you believe you are among the best in your chosen research field, you may wish to consider an exciting career opportunity at the Shanghai AI Laboratory.
About the Shanghai AI Laboratory
The Shanghai AI Laboratory was officially unveiled at the World AI Conference (WAIC) in July 2020 and positioned as a national-level new-type research institute. Our vision is to build a world-class AI laboratory, with pioneering contributions on original theories and key technologies. By gathering top talents from around the world and creating a stimulating and collaborative research environment, the Laboratory aims to conduct original and influential research, make fundamental contributions to basic theories, significantly advance the state of the art, and create remarkable impact on industry, healthcare, and education.
Led by Professor Xiaoou Tang, Professor Andrew Yao (Academician of CAS), Prof. Jie Chen (Academician of CAE), and other world-renowned scholars in AI, the Shanghai AI Laboratory has established strategic cooperation with Shanghai Jiaotong University, Fudan University, Zhejiang University, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, University of Science and Technology of China, and other famous universities at home and abroad.
- 1. Frontier Basic Theory of Artificial Intelligence.
- 2. AI Systems: artificial intelligence operating systems, computational compilation frameworks, generic chip IPs, artificial intelligence sensors, etc.
- 3. AI Technologies: computer vision, decision intelligence, mixed reality, natural language processing, voice, robotics, etc.
- 4. AI Applications: smart medical care, artificial intelligence education, smart city planning, smart cultural tourism, smart transportation, etc.
- 5. AI Platforms: open source platforms, data platforms, supercomputer platforms, etc.
- 6. Research on AI-related Ethics and Policy.
Open Positions ：
- 1. Tenure-track or tenured faculty positions in all ranks: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and (Full) Professor.
- 2. Research Assistant
- 3. Postdoctoral Research Associate
- 4. Technicians and Interns
* All faculty and researchers at the laboratory receive an internationally competitive salary and benefits package that includes a generous housing allowance and a premium medical care plan for the entire family. Benefits match or exceed those offered by elite private universities in the US.
* Each faculty member is provided with an internationally competitive start-up package to ensure maximum autonomy and creativity in setting up in the research center and exploring forefront research. The package includes long-term research funding, ample laboratory space, modern research equipment, technical and clerical support, and stable funding for graduate students and postdocs.
* We provide flexible employment opportunities, which allows a faculty member to be hired by both the Laboratory and a well-known university, under the relevant strategic cooperation agreement.
Please submit your application as a complete package, including all documents, in PDF format. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Review of applications will continue on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. We thank our applicants for their interest and for pushing the research boundaries of AI.