- Address College of Civil Engineering, Hunan University, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Civil Engineering
- Department/School Website ce.hnu.edu.cn
College of Civil Engineering, Hunan University
Founded in 1903, the College of Civil Engineering at Hunan University is one of the most prestigious National Key civil engineering programs in China (ranked No. 6 nationwide in 2012). The college covers almost all the major disciplines in Civil and Environmental Engineering, including Structural Engineering, Bridge Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Municipal Engineering (water and wastewater engineering), Built Environment, Transportation Engineering and Construction Management etc. The college has a world-class research team with a total of 198 faculty and supporting staff members, featuring three members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, six National “1000 Talent Plan” distinguished professors, and a large number of distinguished professors. The college has state-of-the-art research laboratories and facilities, distributed in 3 central and provincial government sponsored key laboratories. The college also hosts a National Center for International Research in Building Safety and Environment, partnered with many top research institutes in the world. The goal of the college is to train future leaders, conduct world-class research, innovate to meet challenges, and serve the society.
The college has faculty vacancies in all disciplines for assistant professors, however, associate and full professors will also be considered based on academic experiences and records. The college particularly welcome and can sponsor potential candidates with outstanding qualifications to apply the prestigious National 1000-Talent Scholarships, the Cheung Kong Scholarships, etc.
General Responsibilities and Requirements for All Positions:
• Conduct full-time lecturing and research in the relevant disciplines.
• A PhD degree or equivalent in the relevant area from an internationally recognized university.
• Research experience with outstanding academic achievements will be given special considerations.
• Fluent in English communication and technical writing, applications of non-Chinese origin is encouraged to have basic Chinese communication skills.
• Responsible for teaching at least one core course in the related major for undergraduate students and one basic course each year.
• The initial contract will be five years with a possibility of renew for tenure based on performance in academic publication, teaching and seeking external funding.
Specific Responsibilities and Requirements for different positions:
- • Professor: under 45 years old; has been on an associate professor or equivalent position for 5 years; with strong academic publication record in high-quality papers in related research fields in internationally well-known journals; served as PI for at least one National Natural Science Fund Project (including Youth project) or equivalent.
- • Associate Professor: under 45 years old; has two years of working experience after Ph.D. degree (teaching experience is preferred); strong academic publication record in related research fields in internationally well-known journals; served as PI for at least one National Natural Science Fund Project (including Youth project) or equivalent.
- • Assistant Professor: under 35 years old; published at least two high-quality papers in related research fields in internationally well-known journals.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Annual salary RMB 100,000~200,000, depending on applicant position. Candidates with special experiences and strong academic record will be given special consideration.
• Settlement allowance: RMB 200,000 for professors and RMB 140,000 for associate professors and assistant professors, paid in monthly within five years.
• Monthly accommodation rental subsidy within 2 years, RMB 400~600 for assistant professor and associate professor, RMB 800 for professors.
• Start-up research package of RMB 100,000 for professors.
• Youth Scholars funding available for assistant professor and associated professor under 40 years old, with a lump-sum research grant of RMB 250,000, to be distributed in five years.
• Full university benefits and public insurance.
• Subsidiary nursery school, primary school and middle school, ranked top in the city.
• 3 months University semester vacation, summer vacation runs from July to August and winter vacation around Chinese New Year.
Open until filled.
Position Start Date:
How to apply:
• A detailed updated C.V in MS Word or PDF version, including educational, research and professional experiences.
• Supporting materials for academic achievements that listed in applicant’s CV, such as Degree certificate, full copies of applicant’s important papers, copies of certificate of the research projects, awards, and patents.
• Three reference letters if there are available.
Online Application or Email Mrs. Zhou Tieying at email@example.com
More information about the college is available at ce.hnu.edu.cn. As for some personnel information, please visit http://rsc.hnu.cn or contact Mrs. Wang Qian at firstname.lastname@example.org.