- Address Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
- Department/School Website imes.nwu.edu.cn
Job Opportunities for Foreign Research Fellows in the Institute of Middle East Studies, Northwest University of China
Location: Xi’an, Shaanxi Province
Job Type: Research Fellow
About the IMES:
The Institute of Middle East Studies (IMES), Northwest University of China (https://imes.nwu.edu.cn/index.htm), formerly known as the Institute of Islamic Studies, Northwest University of China, was established in 1964 and is the biggest Middle Eastern research establishment in China. The research centers affiliated with the IMES include the Palestine Research Center, the Iran Research Center, and the South Asia Research Center. The IMES focuses on the World History, Middle East History and Middle East politics with the Doctoral Program in First-Level Disciplines from China’s Education Ministry, and Post-Doctoral Mobile Station. The IMES serves as the platform for Center for the National and Regional Studies of China’s Education Ministry, the National and Regional Studies of National Ethnic Affairs Commission of the People’s Republic of China, Key Base for Philosophy and Social Sciences of Shaanxi Province, New-Style Think Tank of Shaanxi Province and Key Research Base for Humanity and Social Sciences of Shaanxi Universities. The IMES is enlisted into the China Think Tank Index.
1) Adhere to teaching and academic integrity and ethics without criminal record, and be able to teach at least 90 days in total per year in the contract term (48 months);
2) Focus on the history or politics of West Asia, South Asia and Central Asia;
3) Be capable of fluent English and Middle Eastern languages;
4) Have a Ph.D. in History, International Relations or other related disciplines;
5) Be Capable of academic research, teaching, and student mentorship.
We Would Provide You With:
1) Competitive Salary;
2) Children’s School Enrollment;
3) Foreigners Apartment or Housing Subsidy.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV with self-introduction and a list of published academic achievements.