- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before September 15, 2021
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature, Medical & Health Science
Jilin University (hereinafter referred to as “JLU”) “Dingxin Scholar” Program is launched to recruit outstanding young scholars from home and abroad so as to nurture their huge development potential, strong self-motivation and vigorous innovation by supporting their academic exploration in innovative research. JLU sincerely welcomes outstanding young talents with a vision of innovation and dedication in scientific research.
I. Recruitment Plan for 2021
In 2021, a maximum of 150 scholars is planned to be recruited.
II. Remuneration and Benefits
The salary shall be no less than 300,000 RMB/year (pre-tax), paid on a monthly basis for two years. Dingxin Scholars will be provided with well-decorated housing, as well as subsidies for heating during winter. They enjoy the privilege of the medical plan and preferential policy for their dependent children to attend kindergarten, primary and secondary schools attached to JLU. They can also apply for funds and allowances for attending top-level international conferences.
1. Applicants should be under 35 years old.
2. Generally, applicants shall have obtained a doctoral degree within the last three years. Fresh PhD graduates of 2021are given priority in consideration.
3. Applicants shall undertake to work full time as postdoctoral fellows at JLU after commencing the program.
Candidates will be assessed based on their academic achievements, research capabilities, development potential, their research proposals’ innovativeness and potential contribution to the development of the discipline.
Applicants prepare the following documents and send them in ONE PDF file to the designated email address of the JLU college or school. (Please find the attachment)
1. “Dingxin Scholar Program Application Form”(Please find the attachment)
2. Certificates: Scanned copies of doctoral degree certificates and diplomas. Fresh PhD graduates who have not yet obtained the above-mentioned certificates shall provide scanned copies of their student ID and supporting documents issued by their university to prove their qualification for the doctoral degree.
3. Academic achievements:
a. Full-text scanned copy of doctoral degree dissertation.
b. Up to 3 documents of the following categories: published papers, monographs, patents or awards, representing the applicant’s highest level in academic research achievements. The scanned copy of full text should be provided for published papers; the scanned copy of cover, contents page and abstract should be provided for monographs; the scanned copies of certificates should be provided for patents or awards.
4. Two letters of recommendation signed and provided by applicant’s PhD supervisor and peer experts.(Please find the attachment)
V. Selection Timeline
The second round of application and review
September 1st- September 15th, 2021: Submission of Application
September 16th- September 25th, 2021: Screening by JLU Schools or Colleges
October-November, 2021: Selection and Final Results Announcement by JLU
VI. Contact Information
For contact information and application details of each JLU school or college, please refer to the website: http://global.jlu.edu.cn/