- Address 224 Waterloo Rd, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- Qualification PhD
OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF SCIENCE
Information Technology Officer (PR0004/23-24)
Hong Kong Baptist University has been awarded funding under Job Creation Scheme 3.0 supported by the Government to create employment opportunities.
The Office is seeking a qualified candidate to join their team as an Information Systems and Websites Developer. In addition to the primary responsibilities of analysing, designing, developing, maintaining, enhancing, and supporting in-house information systems and websites of the University, the candidate will also be expected to provide teaching support. The details of the position are as follows:
• Manage and supervise system development projects;
• Analyse, design, develop, test, and maintain in-house information systems;
• Liaise with project stakeholders to obtain user requirements and assist supervisors accordingly;
• Prepare documentation, provide technical assistance and support to system users, and maintain records;
• Prepare teaching materials and conduct lab classes as needed;
• Evaluate different software systems and emerging technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, preferably with at least three years of work experience in web site and web application development;
• Good knowledge of web development technologies like Vue.js, Express.js, Nuxt.js, MongoDB, and Bootstrap;
• Familiarity with cloud services such as Azure;
• Experience with Python and Raspberry Pi is a plus;
• Experience with Unity3D and SparkAR is also a plus;
• Responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a good team player; and
• Willing to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
The appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to 30 Jun 2024.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (https://jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at https://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.