- Address Southern University of Science and Technology, Xueyuan Avenue, Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
- Qualification Masters
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Majors Wanted Language Teaching, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or a related field
Southern University of Science and Technology, China (SUSTech)
Center for Language Education
German, French, and Spanish Instructor Positions
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) invites applications for instructors to teach German, French, and Spanish (EFL) to SUSTech undergraduate and postgraduate students. SUSTech is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China.
The mission of the Center for Language Education (CLE) is to foster SUSTecher’s capacity of English and other foreign languages through various language programs and to contribute to the internationalization of SUSTech. CLE is dedicated to offering high-quality teaching and the best possible opportunities for foreign language attainment by providing a sustainable multi-dimensional language learning environment. The Center is rapidly expanding and has extended our language offerings to German, French, Spanish and other languages.
- Teaching beginner and intermediate level German, French, and/or Spanish courses to university students (teachers who are able to teach 2 of the above languages or English along with one of the above languages are preferred)
- Curriculum, assessment and materials development
- Participating in departmental committees, meetings, and program support activities as needed
- Developing and organizing culture activities for SUSTech members
- Native or near-native proficiency in the language(s) to be taught (i.e., German, French, or Spanish)
- A master’s or doctoral degree in Language Teaching, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching language at the college/university level preferred
- Experience living/teaching abroad highly desirable
- Flexible ability to also teach English would be an added advantage
Conditions of Employment: Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis. For full-time instructors, SUSTech provides competitive compensation which includes salary, medical insurance, subsidized housing and other benefits.
Application materials: Send CV in English, cover letter, contact details of 3 referees, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled, with an expected start date in August 2020.