- Address Beijing University of Technology, Chaoyang, China
- Qualification Masters
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
Job Title: Japanese teacher
Job Duties: No less than 14-16 teaching hours per week for language teaching
1）Physical and mental health, no criminal record, under 60 years old.
2）Master degree or above.
3）In principle, the language of instruction should be the mother tongue of their countries of origin.
4）At least three years of relevant working experience.
5）Holders of relevant professional qualification certificate are preferred.
Find Your Career
Every day is a new opportunity to find purpose in your work—from our beautiful grounds and remarkable buildings to our research labs and cultural facilities. Whether you’re already part of our community or just getting to know us for the first time, we invite you to imagine the meaningful difference you can make while working at Beijing University of Technology (BJUT).
Founded in 1960, BJUT is a multidisciplinary municipal university with an engineering focus, offering programs in science, engineering, economics, management, humanities, law, and arts. Admitted to the National “211 Project” in 1996, BJUT was listed as one of China’s 95 universities to build world-class disciplines in 2017. Currently, BJUT has over 3,183 faculty and staff, including more than 100 international faculty members from more than twenty countries or regions who are here to teach English, Japanese, major courses, and also conduce research, supervise postgraduate students.
As a place of learning, discovery, expression and innovation, BJUT benefits from a diverse faculty and staff who create a welcoming environment and opportunities for all students to grow, learn and succeed.
Aim at a Rewarding Career at BJUT?
We’re ready to welcome you. At BJUT, you have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students, faculty, researchers, other staff, the local community, and even the world. You also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals, build strong relationships, be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value only the BJUT employment experience can offer.
At BJUT, You Can…
◇ Keep Exploring
Explore the possibilities of a BJUT education as you map out your college journey.
◇ Keep Learning
Seize an extraordinary freedom of opportunity—to explore, to collaborate and to challenge yourself.
◇ Keep Discovering
Discover the countless ways that creativity and diversity bloom on the BJUT campus.
Types of Application
1. New Employee Application
Applicants who are hired will start working at BJUT from the fall semester 2021.
2. The Assessment of Current Staff and Renewal of Contract
The assessment and renewal are for the current faculty members whose contract will expire in the fall semester of 2021. The secondary-level institutions shall arrange the assessment, and the faculty members who are qualified through the assessment and whom secondary-level institutions intend to continually employ are eligible to participate in the renewal.
Posts & Requirements
1. Teaching Positions: no less than 8 teaching periods per week for major-related teaching; no less than 14-16 teaching periods per week for language teaching.
2. Teaching & Research Positions: at least 5 teaching periods per week. They are required to join the scientific research team of second-level institutions, jointly apply for and undertake scientific research projects with teachers of BJUT, and cultivate graduate students. The unit of the first author for scientific research achievements shall be Beijing University of Technology during the contract period.
Note: the courses offered by the employees should be the courses in university’s curriculum for the bachelor’s and master’s degree students.
The applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Be under the age of 60 with good health condition and no criminal record;
2. Shall abide by the relevant laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China;
3. Be responsible and work a full-time job during the contract period;
4. (For language teaching staff) Have a master or doctoral degree with more than 3-year language teaching experience. The languages taught should be the mother tongue of their countries of origin in principle.
5. (For major-related teaching/ teaching & research staff) Have a doctoral degree /associate professor or higher) with a strong professional background and profound knowledge of the cutting-edge science and technology and good experience in research & discipline construction.
( For more information about posts & requirements, please find the Recruitment Statement of International Faculty & Staff from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan 2021. )
Assessment and Salary
The assessment and payment will be implemented according to BJUT International Faculty & Staff from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Recruitment, Employment and Management Regulation (trial) (BJUT〔2017〕NO.4)
If you are the one who take responsibility for your actions and challenge yourselves in a new culture — We want you! If you are ready to share your passion for education — We want you! If you believe that you can help make BJUT a better place through your efforts — We want you!
For more details, please visit campus website at http://english.bjut.edu.cn/.