- Address China, Shanghai, Minhang District, Dongchuan Road, 上海交通大学密西根学院
- Qualification Masters
- Apply Before Review of applications continues until the position is filled
- Majors Wanted Journalism, marketing, public relations or related field is desirable
Job Summary & Responsibility
- Marketing, communications and public relations
- Be responsible for designing and implementing MC& PR related programs and activities, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Be responsible for the editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all institution’s publications.
- Coordinate media interests in the JI and ensure regular contacts with target media and make an appropriate response to media requests.
- Organize and cooperate with PR campaigns as assigned, such as admissions-related marketing and special publicity events.
- Provide assistance to SJTU and UM staff on PR related tasks.
- Maintain and develop a good relationship with media within and outside SJTU and UM.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Be responsible for achieving the agreed missions, goals and financial objectives relative to marketing/communications/public relations. Implement the performance-based evaluation systems and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
- Develop short and long-term plans and the corresponding budgets for the MC & PR program, projects, campaigns, and activities; monitor the progress; assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long- term organizational goals and objectives to Executive Director/ Dean.
- Operational Management
- Exercise effective management within the M&C+ PR function, with the provision of resources and supports available; provide and deliver the smooth and high-quality service to staff and faculty.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote, and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer in the M&C department.
- Lead projects and manage products of promotional print and electronic materials, such as brochures, posters, E-newsletters, souvenirs, and standard stationery, promotional templates with institutional visual identity.
- Control promotional product quality & cost; oversee the procurement process including price negotiation and the administration of vendors, external suppliers, and service agreements.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the institute’s management team, division/department leads, and colleagues regarding departmental activities.
- Be responsible for drafting proposals, reports and announcements, which are related to the departmental planning, strategy and administrative tasks.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the JI, such as staff handbook, office operation procedure, and other policies.
- Departmental (yearly) report required by the institute and other superior/governing organizations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director or Deans.
- Master’s Degree. Majoring in journalism, marketing, public relations or related field is desirable.
- Excellent English/ Chinese language written and verbal skills; Excellent interpersonal skills; Good organizational and collaboration skills; Sensitive about news; Adequate photography and graphic design/ editing skills; Customer service/care oriented skills; Basic IT skills.
- A minimum of 8 years’ managerial experience in marketing, commutations, or public relations with demonstrated track record; Evidenced experience on writing press release, making presentations and negotiating with media; Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Enjoy the campus atmosphere, good personality.
Materials applicants should provide:
- CV in both Chinese and English
- English cover letter
- Degree certificate or recommendation form
- Portfolio of work product is required when you apply.
- Two References
Annual salary: 20-27w
If you are interested in the position, please send the required materials to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position you applied for in the email title.