- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before August 30, 2022
- Address Jinan University, Huangpu West Avenue, Guangzhou, China USD Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business
Academic Area: Mathematics and Applied Mathematics/Information and Computing Science/ Economic Statistics
Location: Panyu Campus, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Brief introduction of J-BJI:
Jinan University, established in 1906, located in the historical and modern city of Guangzhou, is a leading ‘211 Project’ Chinese university, and one of the universities in the national project of building world-class universities and disciplines. We have an international outloook and over 50,000 students. Twelve subject areas at Jinan University are ranked in the top 1% on the ESI（Essential Science Indicators）ranking scale.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. It is a founding member of both the ‘Russell Group’ of British research universities and the International Network of Research Universities, ‘Universitas 21’. UoB is ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally.
Jinan University-University of Birmingham Joint Institute at Jinan University is approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education in 2016. The joint institute offers four undergraduate programs: Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Information and Computing Science, Economic Statistics, and Economics. The Training Scheme of the Joint Institute is jointly formulated by JNU and University of Birmingham (UoB).The primary aim of these programs is to cultivate high-level talents who are equipped with solid mathematical skills, global vision, strong competitiveness in innovative capability, and foreign language proficiency. Students that meet academic requirements of both universities will be conferred degrees from both Jinan University and University of Birmingham.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced program leader for one of the four programs (at the rank of Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor). The Joint Institute welcomes high caliber faculty of diverse background from around the world to join us in establishing a top-tier Joint Institute in China.
Professor/ Associate Professor Level
- Has professional ethics and good academic reputation ;
- Currently workingin internationally renowned universities or research institutes,with academic title of Associate Professor or above;
- Competency in using English as the teaching medium
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Head of National Teaching and Research Project or National Science and Technology Major Projector Social Science Major Project
- For natural sciences:Has published at least3 academic papers in authoritative journals of the discipline as the first or corresponding author. For humanities and social sciences: has published at least 2 academic papers in the authoritative journals of the discipline as first author or corresponding author;
- Has published at least 1 academic paper with at least30citations in SCI, EI, SSCI or A&HCI as the first or corresponding author;
- Other qualificationssimilar to theabove.
- Has professional ethics and good academic reputation
- PhD degree in relevant field
- Overseas Education Background
- Competency in using English as the teaching medium
5 .Meet one of the following conditions in recent five years:
a.At least one academic paper in an internationally recognized Journal in relevant field or at least one paper in journals with influence factor over 10;
b.At least two academic papers published in authoritative journals of relevant field as the first or corresponding author;
c.At least one academic paper published with at least 30 citations in SCI, EI, SSCI or A&HCI as the first or corresponding author;
d.Other qualifications similar to the above.
Professor/ Associate Professor
You are a student-centered, forward-thinking academic leader, innovator, and administrator. You embody and espouse Jinan University – University of Birmingham Joint Institute’s values of interdisciplinary collaboration, diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice. You have had success leading and inspiring change, managing complex projects, and driving large-scale academic growth initiatives within multi-stakeholder environments. Your facilitative and diplomatic style has earned you the respect of your peers and partners, as has your ability to engage students, faculty, staff, and a diverse group of stakeholders and community leaders in driving an academic mission of excellence.
You would need to ensure that a lens of academic excellence and the student experience is driving all decision-making related to planning, budgeting, resource allocation, design, programming, etc. You will work with the senior management team in framing the governance and management structures and administrative services to support the academic mission.
- Deliver lectures, seminars, and tutorials
- Provide guidance on students’ academic writing and projects
- Prepare and develop teaching materials
- Participate in various committees and boards
- Prepare required documentation for grading and reporting on student progress
- Act as marker and second marker or internal moderator for student assignments and projects
- Participate in school projects and functions, accreditation, validation, moderation, staff development workshops, seminars and conferences, where necessary.
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
Attractive salary and benefits corresponding to the position will be provided based on the applicant’s academic and teaching level.
Please send your full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, recent teaching-related information such as teaching evaluations, and at least three references by email to [email protected].
Format of Email subject line:
For further information, please contact at birmingha[email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
<Please reference the source “ChinaUniversityJobs.com” when submitting your application.>