- Address 224 Waterloo Rd, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- Qualification PhD
Part-time Lecturer (Drawing and Painting) (PR0282/22-23)
The appointee is expected to teach drawing and painting courses for visual arts students as well as non-major students at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
Applicants should have:
– At least a Master’s degree in a visual arts discipline;
– Teaching experience;
– A good record of professional practice;
– Knowledge of the contemporary visual arts and familiarity with the broader issues and trends in the field; and
– Specialised knowledge in abstract painting would be an advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk), upload an artist statement, and provide a CD/DVD and/or website containing a portfolio of 10-20 slides of recent creative artworks. Those who are not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after the completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing Date: Review of applications is ongoing until the positions are filled.