- Address 241 Daxue Road, Shantou, Guangdong Province, China
The Physics Program (group of Prabhakar Tiwari is looking for one postdoctoral fellow to work in Cosmology and Large-Scale Structure Studies. Contract duration: initial appointment will be for two years, with the possibility for a further one-year extension.
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join our cosmology research group led by Assoc. Prof. Prabhakar Tiwari at GTIIT. The research will focus on exploring the large-scale structure through galaxy surveys, with a particular emphasis on studying radio galaxy catalogs from the LOFAR Two-metre Sky Survey (LoTSS) and other radio surveys. The candidate’s primary role will involve the analysis of the LoTSS catalog to extract cosmological signals. They will also have the opportunity to collaborate directly with the LOFAR Cosmology Group. Additionally, the position offers opportunities for active participation in cosmology projects associated with the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) survey. There may also be possibilities for pursuing independent projects in related fields within the scope of cosmology and large-scale structure.
Cosmology, large-scale structure of universe, cosmological principle, cosmology: observations, cosmology: theory, cosmological parameters, radio continuum: galaxies, galaxies: active, galaxies: statistics, galaxies: high-redshift, radio continuum surveys, radio catalogs.
- Ph.D. in Physics or a relevant discipline (essential).
- Strong research background in cosmology (essential).
- Proficiency in Bayesian analysis, coding, and computational data analysis (essential).
- Experience with large-scale structure surveys and radio galaxy catalogs (preferred).
- Proficiency in English (essential).
- Ability to author scientific reports and publications (essential).
Total annual salary: RMB 300,000 / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate, including government subsidy)
- housing at GTIIT, China (Rental paid by candidate)
- Annual health check
- Professional conference travel allowance
- Professional assistance offered to apply for Talent fund and Research fund
- Qualified candidate can receive RMB 140,000 living subsidy
- Work life balance
Application deadline: Open until filled
Send below required documents electronically to: email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to three pages in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees
Assoc. Prof. Prabhakar Tiwari