- Address Beijing, China
- Qualification PhD
- Department/School Website sli.bnu.edu.cn
Job Title: Vice-Dean for International Affairs of SLIBNU
Job Type: Full Time
Duration of contract: Three Years
Location: Beijing, China
Range of Annual Salary: around 200,000 USD to 300,000 USD (pre-tax)
Beijing Normal University (BNU) established in 1902, which initiated teacher training in China’s higher education. After the development for over a century, BNU has become acomprehensive and research-intensive university with its main characteristics of basic disciplines in sciences and humanities, teacher education and educational science. BNU ranks 24th in the world in the comprehensive ranking of education disciplines. It has active educational technology innovation, prominent technical characteristics and industry status in the field ofInternet education, and has leading technical achievements, R & D experimental facilities and the foundation of industry university research and application cooperation in the field of Internet education. BNU has established cooperative ties with about 500 universities and international organizations from more than 30 countries and regions. Each year, above 900 international professors and scholars are invitedto lecture and research at the University. And BNU has around 2000 long-term international students, the scale of which ranks among top in China’s universities.
Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University (SLIBNU) is a comprehensive platform stacking for scientific research, technology development and education and teaching experiments. It focuses on exploring learning patterns in informational environments and building smart learning environments & platforms to support life-long learning, as well as diversified, personalized and differentiated learning of next generation. Currently, SLIBNU has Design and Learning Laboratory, Smart City and Learning Environment Laboratory, Open Educational Resources (OER)Laboratory, Educational Robotics Center, ICT Instruction Research Center and Virtual Reality for Education Laboratory. This platform is also supporting the construction of National Engineering Research Center of Cyberlearning and Intelligent Technology (CIT) at BNU and Educational Informatization Strategy Research Base (Beijing) of MOE, P.R.C.
SLIBNU seeks applications for High-Level Foreign Experts from the global. This position will also serve as the Vice Dean for International Affairs of SLIBNU. It is responsible for the effective global engagement and development, aligned with SLIBNU’s global smart education strategies as well as the BNU’s Global Development Strategy Plan (2020-2025). This position will work with the research teams of SLIBNU to ensure that the SLIBNU’s international engagement through strategic partnerships in research, consultancy, teaching, and knowledge transfer is both consonant with the SLIBNU’s global strategies and contributes to the achievement of its objectives. This position will also support the tasks from CIT at BNU and Educational Informatization Strategy Research Base (Beijing) of MOE,P.R.C.. The main tasks are focusing on the sharing of high-quality educational resources and the urgent need for intelligent educational resources to set up a research platform for Cyberlearning and Intelligent Technology. It will support Interactive System for Distance Education, Knowledge Modelling and Analysis, Learner Modelling and Learning Analytics, Design and Assessment of Learning Environment, Systematic Education Governance as well as other technological R&D and engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead, in liaison with the co-Dean, the development and implementation of the SLIBNU’s global engagement plan ensuring its alignment with SLIBNU’s global strategies and BNU’s Global Development Strategy Plan (2020-2025) and that it advances the SLIBNU’s broader global strategic aims;
- To cultivate young international talents, innovative international teams, and construction of international course series for all kinds of needed research areas from BNU;
- To integrate and tamp the connections across ongoing and new international joint labs, projects, activities of SLIBNU and CIT;
- To expand and manage ongoing and new international partnerships and to represent the members and staffs at high-level institutional partnership meetings;
- To deputise for the Co-Deans of SLIBNU internally and externally on matters related tointernational affairs, and to communicate the global impact of the SLIBNU’s international activities, working in collaboration with SLIBNU’s international research teams and the Office for International Affairs of BNU.
- A Ph.D. degree in fields of social, natural, or engineering sciences, such as Education, Educational Technology, Computer Science, etc;
- Significant experience with at least 5 years’ experience at overseas high-level universities, or research institutes, the United Nations System or other multilateral organizations and/or in the field of international relations, multilateral settings/cooperation, and development;
- Extensive experience in global engagement, talent development, and strategic planning in international projects and cooperation;
- Deep understanding of best international cooperation with organizations, particularly in the areas of educational technology, ICT in education, smart education/smart learning, AIED, etc;
- Strong English Communication is necessary. Basic Mandarin communication is preferred.
- The remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s academic qualification, professional experience, and current position;
- The range of annual salaries will be discussed between 200,000 USD and 300,000 USD for a three-year contract of employment;
- A 500,000 USD research start-up fund for successful candidates will be provided according to job needs and circumstances.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application;
- After preliminary interview, list of 3 Professional References (contact Info) will be needed to provide.