- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Finance, Management, Economics and Business
Position Title: Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Academic Service Coordinator
Department: Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
Reports to: Director, Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Academic Service Coordinator reports to the Director of ACE. Applicants for this position must be self-motivated, possess fluent English proficiency in both writing and speaking, excellent communication and organizational skills; the ability to multi-task, work independently and under pressure; and proficiency in PC and software applications including MS Excel and English word processing. The successful applicant will work closely with all Bryant University-BITZH students to identify specific needs and to design strategies to support and enhance student proficiency.
The Academic Center for Excellence offers comprehensive services to assist students with their academic performance. Services provided by the Center include study skills assistance through workshops and one-to-one counseling, subject area tutoring, workshops on special topics, study groups, and English language development tutorials.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- offer training and tutoring in study skills for academic success to undergraduate students;
- work with a caseload of struggling students to help them improve their academic performance;
- prepare and deliver academic skills and English language development workshops;
- offer student consultation and follow-up to support students in developing academic skills and study behaviors;
- coordinate student academic skills development activities;
- consult with students and offer feedback on their writing and language development;
- assist in the training and supervision of undergraduate peer tutors;
- collaborate with the ACE Director, Learning Specialists, and Office Coordinator;
- undertake other work assigned by the Director of ACE.
Training and Qualifications
- Applicants should possess a master’s degree in Education, Counseling Psychology, or closely-closely related discipline; however, highly experienced applicants with a background in other disciplines will also be considered.
- Applicants should possess excellent teaching and tutoring skills.
- Applicants should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Applicants must be able to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Applicants must be willing to take up extra responsibilities.
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidates will be appointed on a full-time fixed term contract. This is a mid-level position that is ideal for an early career higher education administrator or a recent graduate of a master’s program who is looking to gain experience working with English learners in China. A salary commensurate with local Zhuhai market and candidate qualifications and experience will be offered. Health insurance and on-campus housing will be provided. An annual travel allowance may be offered to an international candidate. The University places great emphasis on developing staff potential and has in place a variety of development opportunities for staff at different stages of their career.
Applicants should send an up-to-date C.V. with cover letter to Mr. Corey Larsen, Director, Academic Center for Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org or via CUJ online application.
Applications will be considered until the post is filled.