- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before April 2022 for first round; October 2022 for second round USD Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature, Medical & Health Science
- Last Refreshed Jan 19, 2022
2022 Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program
Tsinghua University has created the Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program, a doctoral degree program focused on attracting excellent scholars who will undertake research across 50 disciplines. The program supports doctoral scholars in their academic career and educates leading researchers in various fields.
Applications for the 2022 “Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program” are now open and selection has begun. We encourage scholars who are committed to academic research and innovation to apply for this prestigious program.
1. Scale and Benefits
In 2022, a maximum of 200 scholars will be admitted to the program.
Shuimu Scholars will receive an annual salary of 300,000 RMB (before tax) for two years.
Shuimu Scholars will be provided with transitional housing on the campus or provided with housing subsidies of 42,000 RMB per year, state-funded housing subsidies of 1,2000 RMB per year, as well as subsidies for property management and heating.
Shuimu Tsinghua Scholars enjoy the same medical plan privileges as Tsinghua faculty, and their children are offered positions at Tsinghua University’s kindergarden and primary school.
Shuimu Tsinghua Scholars can also participate in career training courses offered to Tsinghua faculty, and can apply for funds and allowances for attending top-level international conferences.
2. Application Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be under 35 years old;
- Have obtained their PhD degree within the last three years (Recent graduates are given priority in consideration);
- Recommended by the interview of the department;
- Undertake to work full time at Tsinghua University after commencing the program.
Applicants selected for the International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program) can be directly selected as “Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program” after being recommended by the department.
Current postdoctoral researchers at Tsinghua University who have outstanding results in their mid-term review, and whose termination of contract date is within six months of the application deadline, may also apply to the Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program.
Candidates will be assessed based on their overall application, their academic ability, their research plan, and the potential effect on the subject field.
3. Application Materials
- “Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program Application Form”（PART I）.
- Academic and scientific research materials (a scanned original in PDF format); articles, monographs, patents or awards representing the applicant’s highest academic level and scientific research achievements may be selected. The full text should be provided for articles (letters should be provided for unpublished papers); the cover, catalogue and abstract should be provided for monographs; and copies of certificates should be provided for patents or awards. Please scan the above materials and merge into one PDF file. This file should be sent to the mailbox of the department to which you are applying.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation (including your PhD advisor’s recommendation letter) should be sent by your referees directly to the department’s mail address.
If your recommendation letter is sent as an attachment, it must be signed by the referee (sender).
(1) First round of applications and reviews:
Submission date: April 2022 (please consult the department to which you are applying for the specific time)
Recommendations provided by departments: May 10, 2022
Review and result: June 2022.
(2) Second round of applications and reviews:
Submission date: October 2022 (please consult the department to which you are applying for the specific time)
Recommendations provided by departments: November 10, 2022
Review and result: December 2022.
For contact details of the department’s coordinators, please refer to the website for Tsinghua University postdoctorates: http://postdoctor.tsinghua.edu.cn/column/ldz_
- you will benefit from studying and working alongside top-level academics,
- you will find a brand-new start to your independent academic career, and
- you will be nourished by the culture of this top-tiered university.
We hope to see you at Tsinghua soon and wish you luck with your application to the Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program!
Tsinghua University Personnel Office
* Please mention ChinaUniversityJobs.com when submitting your application.