The SALL Centre is an English learning lab that provides a pressure-free environment for students to develop their proficiency in English. Activities offered include workshops, individual consultations, and small group language learning activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet students and guide them to their activities;
- Manage the student registration system for Centre activities;
- Record Centre data and generate term-end summaries;
- Assist teachers in preparing teaching materials;
- Help to lead learning activities;
- Manage the Centre e-mail and WeChat accounts.
- Communicate cross-departmentally with other units;
- Undertake other administrative duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A master’s degree in English Studies, TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or related fields from a reputable university;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin;
- The ability to work independently and on a team;
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- The initiative to help maintain and improve the Centre’s unique learning environment.
- Applicants with teaching experience and/or experience in a writing or learning center will be preferred.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send a full curriculum vitae and the completed Application Form (please download the blank form online) together with names of three referees by email to [email protected].
Review of applications/nominations will be considered until the post is filled.