- Address 241 Daxue Road, Shantou, Guangdong Province, China
- Qualification Bachelors USD Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering
Position Title: Teaching Lab Manager
Department:Biotechnology and Food Engineering Program
Start Date: ASAP
Report to: Yaacov GVILI
Type of Position: Full-time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post ID: RS-20220005
Guangdong Technion Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) in Shantou, Guangdong Province, is looking for an experienced engineer in Biochemistry or Food Science to serve as manager of teaching laboratories for undergraduate students.
Running teaching laboratories (Biochemistry and Food analysis): Preparing and operating the laboratory; Student training; Teaching new users in operating the equipment, Responsibility for laboratory infrastructure and safety issues.
The “Biochemistry” lab includes basic techniques in biochemistry, kinetics, protein quality evaluation, quantification of sugars, lipid assessment and vitamin stability.
The “Food Analysis” lab includes a large variety of traditional and advanced methods for analyzing food components such as water, fats, proteins, carbohydrates, antioxidants, salt, caffeine and more. Methods include titration, distillation, drying, polarimetry, HPLC, GC, GC-MS, NIR analysis, flash evaporation, fluorescence, immune-chemistry (ELISA).
1. Assisting in choosing and purchasing of proper equipment/materials for the labs, installing and testing them.
2. Taking care of safety issues in the lab.
3. Assisting the faculty member (who is academically in charge of the labs) in designing of laboratory experiments for students.
4. Assisting in writing the lab instructions for the students and performing the experiments with the tutors before introducing them to the students.
5. Preparing reagents, chemicals, instruments and setups for the labs.
6. Taking care of lab program and schedule during the semester.
7. Responsibility of running the labs for students.
8. Being present during the lab sessions and solving technical problems.
9. Providing support and mentorship to the lab tutors before the lab and during the lab.
10. Taking care of lab maintenance and keeping the lab facilities operational and ready for the students and research personnel throughout the year.
11. Taking care of routine administrative tasks related to the lab.
Requried Job Specifications&Competencies
1. BSc, MSc, PhD degree in Food Science/Biochemistry/Chemistry or related fields.
2. Excellent knowledge and deep understanding of the material in the relevant courses.
3. Fluent English: speaking, reading and writing.
4. High management skills.
5. Teaching experience, preferably in English is an advantage.
6. Experience in working with a large variety of relevant instruments and methods.
7. Good communication and educational skills.
8. Ability of solving technical problems in the lab.
9. Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong attention to details and ability to follow through.
10. The position is in GTIIT for a period of at least three years.
Please send your English CV and a cover letter to email@example.com in the format of name + position (post ID). Candidates will be contacted for the outcomes.