- Address Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
- Qualification PhD USD Month
- Discipline Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
- Department/School Website sociology.nju.edu.cn
I. About the School
The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Nanjing University is one of the oldest and the most reputable institutes of sociology and neighboring disciplines in China. Currently, consisting of 44 high-quality academics and hundreds of talented graduate and undergraduate students from all over China, the School is still evaluated as a top-ranking institute by all kinds of academic performance review. Now, the School has decided to strengthen its expertise in computational social science, visual sociology/anthropology, and integrated psychology in the next five years. In addition, the School is aspiring to broaden its intellectual scope to reach foreign societies and cultures.
The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Nanjing University plans to recruit young scholars who aspire to have a career in the field of Social and Behavioral Sciences studies. The application is open to scholars from all over the world. The total number of tenure-track Associate Professor/Assistant Professor positions should not exceed 3, among which the tenure-track Associate Professor positions should not exceed 1 in principle. Higher positions for particularly outstanding scholars are available, and application will be considered individually. Specific fields of research open for recruitment are:
2. Social/Cultural Anthropology
4. Social work and Social policy
The applicant should
(1) Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, and have a passion for teaching and research;
(2) Abide by the ethics of teachers, uphold academic integrity, be willing to work diligently, and have no criminal record or record in breaching the ethics of teachers and/or academic integrity;
(3) Have a first-rate background in academic training—specifically, a PhD in relevant disciplines, experience in studying and/or working at first-rate teaching and research institutions, and knowledge of the latest international trends and development in the relevant research field(s); In principle, tenure-track assistant professors are required to have graduated with a PhD degree and engaged in teaching and research for more than 2 years. The applicant for Associate Professor should have engaged in academic research for more than four years after receiving the doctoral degree.
(4) Have outstanding teaching abilities—the applicant should be able to teach core and frontline courses in the corresponding discipline, and have sound teaching methodology and strong verbal skills;
(5) Demonstrate outstanding research output and potential—the applicant should have publications in his/her field of research, original ideas about relevant fields of research, a clear vision about future research plans, and good potential for further academic development.
IV. Application Materials Required
(1) A letter of application (please specify the field of research and position applied for);
(2) A detailed CV (please include a list of publications);
(3) An introduction of your research results and their innovative significance;
(4) A plan for research and its prospects;
(5) Three reference letters;
(6) An account of experience in teaching.
Please login to the talent recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/) to submit the application materials required.
V. Compensation Package and Support
A successful applicant will be provided with:
(1) An annual salary (to be worked out individually);
(2) A start-up fund for research;
(3) Qualification to supervise graduate students;
(4) The university provides short-term lodging and housing subsidies. Applicants recruited can purchase commercial housing offered by the university at a special discount;
(5) The university provides assistance with children’s schooling at primary and secondary school levels.
VI. Application Deadline
June 17, 2023
The application period will be extended appropriately if the number of the applicants for single position is relatively small.
VII. Contact Details
Address: School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Nanjing University, 163 Xianlin Road, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China