- Address Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Medical & Health Science
- Department/School Website med.nju.edu.cn
Tenure-Track/Tenured Faculty Openings, Medical School of Nanjing University, China
1. About the School
Medical School of Nanjing University, formerly known as Medical School of National Central University, was originally founded in 1935 and renamed as Medical School of Nanjing University after liberation in 1949. In 1987, the school was rebuilt with the approval of the Ministry of Education (the former State Education Commission) and became the first seven-year medical school of comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education. In 2012, it was selected into the Excellent Doctor Training Program of the Ministry of Education – Top-notch Innovative Talent Training Program, which aims to cultivate outstanding leading clinicians and physician scientists with unique educational philosophy and talent training. The school has first-level-discipline doctoral programs in clinical medicine and basic medicine, doctor’s degree authorization programs in clinical medicine and stomatology, postdoctoral research stations in clinical medicine and basic medicine. The latest statistics from the ESI database of American Institute of Scientific information show that the clinical medicine discipline of the Medical School is ranked in the top one thousandth of the world.
The affiliated hospitals in Medical School of Nanjing University includes the affiliated Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, the affiliated Jinling Hospital, the affiliated Nanjing Stomatological Hospital, the affiliated Taikang Xianlin Drum Tower Hospital, and the affiliated First Hospital Yancheng City. The school also has the specialized subject hospitals in Nanjing as teaching hospitals and qualified teachers. Today, Medical School of Nanjing University has 2 members of Chinese Academy of Engineering, 2 members of Distinguished Professor of Changjiang Scholars, 3 members of National Outstanding Youth, and 7 national young talents; 136 doctoral supervisors, 145 professors, 206 associate professors and more than 20 talent projects above provincial-level.
The discipline of basic medicine in Medical School is characterized by translational medicine, which is committed to revealing the molecular mechanism of major diseases and establishing new strategies for disease treatment. It is based on Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, the National Mouse Resource Bank, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine and two state key laboratories, with excellent scientific research facilities, high-level technology platform and interdisciplinary innovation team. In order to solve major clinical problems, the school has created animal models of various diseases, and has reached the international advanced level in the research of reproduction and development, metabolism and aging, tumor development and biological therapy, occurrence and treatment of autoimmune diseases, etc. In the past five years, a total of 580 high-level papers have been published (IF>5 345 papers). It has won 5 national science and technology awards and 8 provincial science and technology awards. It has obtained 22 national key R&D and science and technology major projects and topics, 100 national natural science foundation projects and 24 provincial natural science foundation projects. As a result of undertaking a large number of national major scientific research projects, the medical school has won many national and provincial science and technology awards.
2. Description of Openings
Medical School of Nanjing University plans to recruit outstanding young talents from all over the world who are interested in major research directions in the field of basic medicine to work in the school. There are three openings at the level of tenure-track associate professor or tenure-track assistant professor. The candidates are expected to teach and research in the following areas:
(1) Cell biology
(2) Pathogenic biology
(3) Genetic developmental biology
(1) Compliance with the laws and regulations, enthusiasm in teaching and research.
(2) Compliance with academic integrity and ethics, no criminal record.
(3) First-class academic background: PhD in related subject area, the experience of studying and working in first-class teaching and scientific research institutions, and be familiar with international cutting-edge research trends in related fields.
(4) Excellent teaching ability: teaching core basic courses and cutting-edge courses, mastering good teaching methods, and strong language expression ability.
(5) Outstanding research achievement display and future research development potential: a strong record of research publications, an original view on relevant research field, a clear future research plan, and a good academic potential.
4. Application Materials Required
(1) Curriculum Vitae (including a publication list).
(2) Research Statement.
(3) Research Plan.
(4) Three reference letters.
(5) Teaching Statement.
5. Working at Nanjing University
A successful applicant will be provided with:
(1) Competitive and negotiable salary.
(2) Start-up research funds.
(3) Quotas to supervise graduate students.
(4) Turnover apartment, housing subsidies, and purchase qualification for considerable discounted commercial housing provided by the university
(5) Assistance in the school enrollment of children.
6. Important Dates
Application deadline: May 31, 2022
Expected date of announcement of application results: November 30, 2022
7. Contact Us
Tel.: +86 (0)25-83686451 (Ms. Peng)
Email: [email protected]
Address: 208, Southeast Building, Medical School, Nanjing University, 22 Hankou Road, Nanjing