- Address Sichuan University Jiang'an Campus, Shuangliu, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Salary Offer Competitive salaries USD Competitive salaries Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering
Sichuan University-Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI), located in Chengdu, China, invites applications to fill faculty positions (tenure-track or non-tenure stream) in Materials Science and Engineering at Assistant or Associate Professor level. Positions are to start from the 2022 Fall Semester.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree by the time of hire and mainly focus on but not limit to the following areas of MSE: Ceramics, Composites, Energy Materials, Nanomaterials, Quantum Materials, Biomaterials; Materials for Electronics and Photonics; Sensors and Actuators; Synthesis & Processing; Materials Theory, Computation and Design; Polymer Science; Metallurgy; Semiconductor Physics and Devices; Surface and Interfaces.
- Successful applicants for the tenure-track position should have the ability to build an externally funded research program, as well as contribute to the teaching mission of the Institute.
- Effective oral and written communication in English is required, as English is the official language of the Institute.
Terms of employment, including salary, relocation, and start-up packages are competitive and on par with similar offers by universities in North America.
Qualified applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com. The application should include the following materials in PDF form:
a. Curriculum Vitae
b. Statement of Research Interests
c. List of Teaching Interests
d. Name and Contact Information of at least three references
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCUPI is an academic entity jointly established by Sichuan University and the University of Pittsburgh. Approved by China’s Ministry of Education in 2014, SCUPI is one of the large-scale partnerships between an American university and a top-rate (985 level or double-first-rate) Chinese university. SCUPI now enrolls around 815 undergraduate students in three majors, including Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The technical curriculum complies fully with the curriculum of Pitt’s Swanson School of Engineering and all courses are taught in English. SCUPI will continue to grow in size and discipline. Along with this strategic plan, a 40,000 square-meters building is under construction. This new space and facilities will offer vast opportunities for innovations in research, education, and career development. The successful candidates for these positions will benefit from the resources, support, and a multidisciplinary research environment fostered by Sichuan University, the University of Pittsburgh, and other partnering institutions around the globe. Sichuan University, Sichuan Province, and the Chinese government have existing programs with special funding support for eligible junior faculty. More information about SCUPI can be found at https://scupi.scu.edu.cn/en/.