- Address University of Macau Avenida da Universidade Taipa, Macau, China
- Qualification PhD USD Month
- Department/School Website um.edu.mo
Apply for this job now
Translator (Chinese and English) for the Public Relations Section of the Communications Office
(Reference No.: CO/PRS/SAO/AO/04/2022)
The Public Relations Section (PRS) of Communications Office (CO) of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Translator (equivalent to Administrative Officer or Senior Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP40,040 to MOP62,790 (index 440 to 690).
- To provide high-quality Chinese-English translation and proofreading services for university publicity materials, which involves academic disciplines such as science and technology, social sciences, art and humanities, and health science;
- To proofread translated official documents;
- To provide simultaneous interpretation service for press conferences, press interviews and visitors, etc;
- To monitor the translation process and meet the schedule;
- To support other functions in CO and PRS.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in Chinese/English Translation Studies, Linguistics, Literature, or other relevant disciplines;
- Minimum five years’ work experience including freelance job as a translator or interpreter, candidates with editorial/translation work experience in the academic field are preferred;
- Excellent writing, translation, and interpreting skills in English and Chinse (Cantonese and Mandarin) and knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage;
- Computer literate with Word and Excel software;
- Responsible, proactive, well-organised, and meticulous in detail with a can-do attitude.
Notes for application
- Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 20 April 2022;
- Application screening will be based on requirements listed above. Please indicate the education qualification obtained and describe relevant work experience clearly in the Curriculum Vitae and application form;
- Applicants are required to pay an application fee of MOP300, an application will only be accepted when the application fee is settled by the application deadline. The payment can be made at the Human Resources Section of the University of Macau during office hours or online with “GovPay” payment gateway;
- Macao residents who are in financial difficulties at the time of submission of application as duly verified by the Social Welfare Bureau will be exempted from paying the application fee.
Other contact methods
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8690; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**