- Address 2 Tiansheng Rd, Beibei District, Chongqing
- Qualification Bachelors
- Salary Offer CNY 18k-28k/month USD CNY 18k-28k/month Month
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Department/School Website http://www.swu.edu.cn/
AEMG Education is a multinational organization which has a number of collaborative arrangements between Chinese universities and universities in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK enabling students to study part of their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in China and overseas.
Founded in 2005, Southwest University (SWU) evolved to merge Southwest Normal University and Southwest Agricultural University, which share an origin dating back to 1906. As a member of China’s top ranking university groups, the “Double First-class” group and “211 Project”, SWU has an extensive set of disciplinary categories. It is especially known for its distinguished programs in education and agricultural science. It ranks inside the top 100 Chinese universities (72, Shanghai Ranking 2023).
– Teach English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programs to Chinese university students who may transfer to overseas universities in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
– Carry out administrative functions in a timely and accurate manner, including but not restricted to lesson planning, grading assessments, recording attendance, and providing student feedback.
– Address individual student needs and concerns both inside and outside the classroom.
– Actively participate in and encourage professional development activities with peer teachers at AEMG Branches in China.
– Attend weekly AEMG Branch meetings.
– Play a supportive role in promoting a team environment and contributing to the delivery of quality EAP courses.
– Workload: 38 hours weekly, which includes 20-21 hours of face-to-face teaching, 17-18 office/admin hours.
– Bachelor’s degree or above
– CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL, or equivalent
– Minimum of one year’s EAP teaching experience at a recognised provider
– Master’s degree or above
– DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL, or relevant MA
– EAP teaching experience in Asia
**NOTE: as per Z Visa application requirements, only nationals under 60 years old and from the following list of countries can be granted a work visa for China: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, and South Africa.**
Salary and Benefits
1. 18,000 – 28,000RMB monthly, negotiable depending on qualifications
2. 7,000RMB travel allowance for one year contract
3. Free On-campus accommodation (excludes electricity, water, telephone, network charges)
4. Paid 3 weeks leave during Winter OR Summer school break
5. Opportunity for paid professional development programs
6. Holiday gifts and team building activities