- Address 688 Yingbin Road, Jinhua, Zhejiang Province
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
The College of Foreign Languages of Zhejiang Normal University is one of the members of the Global Alliance of Foreign Language Universities (GAFU), and was formerly known as the Department of Foreign Languages of Zhejiang Normal University (ZNU). The college was founded in 1960, one of the first three colleges in the university. The college has four undergraduate majors of English, Japanese, Translation and French and the Department of University Foreign Language Teaching. It has 6 university-level research institutes, including Institute of Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Institute of Foreign Literature, Research Center for Basic Foreign Language Education, Center for Translation and Intercultural Studies, African Translation Research Center (African Translation Museum), and Research Center for Silk Road Culture and International Sinology. There are 122 full-time teachers in the college, including 12 professors, 38 associate professors and 56 PhDs. The college employs a number of foreign experts from the United States, Britain, France, Japan and Cameroon.
- Title: English language and culture teacher
- Courses: College English, Oral English, English Writing, Survey of English-Speaking Countries etc.
- 1. 14-16 periods of teaching per week (one period is 40 minutes)
- 2. No office hours required
- 1. Bachelors degree or higher
- 2. Native speaker of English
- 3. Applicants with TESOL/TEFL/English/English Education degree,
or have an English teacher qualification certificate
or have a 120-hour TEFL/TESOL/TESL certificate
or at least 2 years’ teaching experience
- Commensurate with experience
- 1. Airfare subsidy 10,000 yuan/year
- 2. Water and electricity subsidy 300 yuan/month
- 3. Travel subsidy 1100 yuan/semester
- 4. A well-furnished, free apartment is provided by the university
- 5. Health insurance package
- 6. Free Chinese classes offered by the university
1. Resume or CV
2. Electronic copy of diploma
3. Electronic copy of passport
4. Electronic copy of TEFL/TESOL/TESL certificate if applicable
“Our university is the best normal university (teachers’ university) in Zhejiang province, the campus is very green and very poetic sitting just beside the Jianfeng Mountain. Our campus is one of the most famous attraction site in the city of Jinhua. Jinhua is not a big city, and there is less population, not really a traffic jam and the air quality is very good because of the mountains and high coverage of greenery. The campus, cloaked with green trees everywhere, is really a poetic place for studying and living.
The campus is about 10 mins drive from the Jinhua Station, where you can take a bullet train to Hangzhou in 56 minutes and to Shanghai in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Near the campus there are shops and restaurants. Working at ZJNU, you don’t see many foreigners, but you can pick up Chinese quickly while being fully immersed in the beautiful environment. Jinhua people are very friendly to foreigners and they don’t usually see foreigners, don’t be surprised if you are popular on and off campus. If you are looking for a working place really close to the nature, you are more than welcome to join us and hopefully you will enjoy working in our scenic campus as much as we do!”
A private two-bedroom apartment is provided for each foreign expert. The apartment includes wooden flooring and is all furnished, with sofa, AC, desk, dining table etc.