- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Year Round
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature, Medical & Health Science
- Last Refreshed December 4, 2021
I. About BNU
Beijing Normal University (BNU) is one of the top universities under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education that is renowned for teacher education, education science and basic sciences and humanities. It is among the first batch of universities of China’s “Project 985” and Category-A list of the “Double First-Class” initiative to build world-class universities and first-class disciplines. BNU is composed of BNU Beijing and BNU Zhuhai (with four campuses). Currently, it is vigorously building a high-caliber system for the development of disciplines and a “One university, Two Branches” pattern with BNU Beijing and BNU Zhuhai complementing each other.BNU established its first postdoctoral station (for mathematics) in 1991. Currently, there are a total of 28 postdoctoral stations, covering mathematics, Chinese language and literature, physics, biology, geography, world history, pedagogy, psychology, environmental science and engineering, systems science, theoretical economics, chemistry, philosophy, drama and film, political science, foreign languages and literature, public administration, sports, Marxism, astronomy, computer science and technology, Chinese history, ecology, statistics, art theory, law, business administration, and sociology.
BNU website: www.bnu.edu.en.
1. Liyun Postdoctoral Program
Funded by Beijing Normal University as an elite postdoctoral program, it aims to attract outstanding candidates with academic excellence from all over the world.
2. Category-A Postdoctoral Program
Applicants should meet the specific requirements of their host department for admission and the evaluation criteria when finishing the program. This program is jointly funded by BNU and the host college (together with the postdoctoral supervisor).
3. Category-B Postdoctoral Program
Applicants should meet the basic requirements for postdoctoral fellowship application in China. The program is jointly funded by the host college and the postdoctoral supervisor based on the needs of research projects.
4. National Postdoctoral Program
This program is jointly funded by BNU and the national special funds for postdoctoral fellows, such as the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents, Postdoctoral International Exchange Program, Postdoctoral International Exchange Fellowship Program, Hong Kong Scholars Program, Macau Young Scholars Program, and China-Germany Postdoctoral Exchange Program.
5. Postdoctoral Program at BNU Zhuhai
Backed by the postdoctoral stations (level-1 disciplines) at Beijing Campus, the full-time postdoctoral positions available for relevant level-2 disciplines at Zhuhai Campus are open to applicants from all over the world.
1. Applicants should hold PhD degrees from well-known universities or research institutes in China or abroad. Applicants applying for Liyun Postdoctoral Program and Postdoctoral Program at BNU Zhuhai (Category One) should be eligible for National programs, such as the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents and Postdoctoral International Exchange Program.
2. Applicants should be under the age of 35 and received their PhD for less than 3 years prior to their postdoctoral application Full-time work at BNU is required during the postdoctoral program.
3. Applicants for all types of postdoctoral program (not including Category-B postdoctoral program) should meet the admission criteria of the host college.
IV. Remuneration and Benefits
1. Liyun Postdoctoral Program Each fellowship includes an annual pre-tax salary of 300,000 RMB, a housing subsidy of 50,000 RMB per year. The successful candidates may register their children for Beijing Normal University affiliated school/kindergarten during their stay at BNU.
2. Category-A Postdoctoral Program Each fellowship shall have an annual pre-tax salary of 180,000 RMB.
3. Category-B Postdoctoral Program The candidates can discuss with the supervisor and the host college about the salary and then keep BNU informed.
4. National Postdoctoral Program For each successful candidate who is enrolled in the Postdoctoral
International Exchange Program and the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents,
the pretax annual salary is raised to 350,000 RMB, in addition to a housing subsidy of 50,000 RMB
per year.The successful candidates may register their children for Beijing Normal University
affiliated school/kindergarten during their stay at BNU. For those who are selected into
other national programs, the remuneration and benefits will depend on the type of programs and
5. Postdoctoral Program at BNU Zhuhai
(1) Category I:
The annual salary is RMB400,000 (pretax) for exceptional candidates with good moral
character, strong innovation capabilities, those who make it to the National Postdoctoral
Program for Innovative Talents, Postdoctoral International Exchange Program, or equivalent
(2) Category II:
For each successful candidate who qualifies for Category-A postdoc admission criteria
of Beijing Campus and pledges to meet the host’s evaluation criteria for leaving the
station, the annual salary is RMB300,000 (pretax).
(3) Each successful candidate is entitled to a research start-up fund of RMB50,000.
(4) Apartments for rent are available to successful candidates.The successful
candidates can register their children for Jinfeng Primary School or Jinding Junior High
school during their stay at BNU.
Any interested candidate can submit an application to the postdoctoral supervisor or the
host college. The host college will organize a preliminary review first. After the
announcement of shortlist, BNU will conduct expert panel evaluations to determine the
VI. Contact Information
See contact information PDF Here.
In order to apply, please send email to the contact person of your interested department/school.
<“Please indicate that you saw the advertised position on ChinaUniversityJobs.com”>