- Address Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before November 30, 2021
- Discipline Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
Schwarzman College, in collaboration with the appropriate school or department at Tsinghua University, is recruiting for a tenured or tenure-track Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy. We are recruiting rising stars or established faculty and will consider appointments at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level. The appointment will be made jointly by Schwarzman College and the relevant Tsinghua School or department with primary teaching responsibility at Schwarzman College.
We are recruiting for a full-time position to be given to one individual. Faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level will be for an initial term of three years with promotion to Associate Professor in line with Tsinghua University standard review and promotion procedures. All appointments will be provided competitive pay and access to seed research funds.
The Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy shall work full-time at Tsinghua University and teach at Schwarzman College and shall have no other full-time obligations outside of Tsinghua University. We are seeking expert scholars in modern China. We are seeking excellent teachers and scholars with an interdisciplinary focus and whose work is related to global affairs. The appointed professor will teach or co-anchor the core China course at the Schwarzman Scholars program, “Forty Years of China’s Economic, Political, and Social Reform.” Seed research funding will be available to support the appointee’s scholarly research and career development.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications and credentials will be considered in appointing the Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy:
1. Strong record of teaching, research, and publications.
2. A doctoral degree in public policy, political science, economics, international relations, history, or other relevant field; field experience in a developing country is preferred; Recent Ph.D.’s will be considered.
3. Fluency in English (for purposes of teaching, research and communications);
4. Cross-cultural knowledge and experiences are strongly preferred.
To apply, please send an application cover letter, a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and courses taught), and the names and contact information of three referees to email@example.com (subject line: SC Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy) before the deadline of November 30, 2021.
<Please mention the source “ChinaUniversityJobs.com” when submitting your application.>