- Address 393 Middle Huaxia Road, Pudong, Shanghai
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before December 31, 2022
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field
- Department/School Website sist.shanghaitech.edu.cn
Tenure-Track and Tenured Faculty Positions at School of Information Science and Technology (SIST)
ShanghaiTech University invites highly qualified candidates to fill multiple tenure-track/tenured faculty positions as its core founding team in the School of Information Science and Technology (SIST). We seek candidates with exceptional academic records or demonstrated strong potentials in all cutting-edge research areas of information science and technology. They must be fluent in English. English-based overseas academic training or background is highly desired.ShanghaiTech is founded as a world-class research university for training future generations of scientists, entrepreneurs, and technical leaders. Boasting a new modern campus in Zhangjiang Hightech Park of cosmopolitan Shanghai, ShanghaiTech shall trail-blaze a new education system in China. Besides establishing and maintaining a world-class research profile, faculty candidates are also expected to contribute substantially to both graduate and undergraduate educations.
SIST Research Centers:
- Visual & Data Intelligence Center (VDI Center)
- Network Intelligence Center (NICE)
- Post-Moore Microelectronics Integrated Circuit Center (PMICC)
- Center for Intelligent Power and Energy Systems (CiPES)
- ShanghaiTech Automation and Robotics Center (STAR Center)
- Smart Medical Information Research Center(SMIRC)
- Systems & Security Center(SSC)
- Senior faculty members (e.g., full professor) who can serve as directors of SIST research centers
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
Candidates in all areas of information science and technology shall be considered. Our recruitment focus includes, but is not limited to: computer science and technology, electronic science and technology, information and communication engineering, applied mathematics and statistics, data science, robotics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, internet of things, electrical engineering, intelligent power and energy systems, computer systems and security, operation research, mathematical optimization and other interdisciplinary fields involving information science and technology, especially areas related to AI.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and startup funds are highly competitive, commensurate with experience and academic accomplishment. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package to employees and eligible dependents, including on-campus housing. All regular ShanghaiTech faculty members will join its new tenure-track system in accordance with international practice for progress evaluation and promotion.
- Strong research productivity and demonstrated potentials;
- Ph.D. (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field);
- A minimum relevant (including PhD) research experience of 4 years.
Submit (in English, PDF version) a cover letter, a 2-page research plan, a CV plus copies of 3 most significant publications, and names of three referees through CUJ online application or to: email@example.com. For more information,visit http://sist.shanghaitech.edu.cn/2017/0426/c2865a23763/page.htm
Deadline: December 31, 2022