- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Year Round
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
- Last Refreshed Jan 15, 2022
The University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) is a multi-disciplinary institution dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, preparing its students to take on the challenges of the 21st century. USTB is home to over 25,000 students, with nearly half pursuing a graduate degree. Here students and over 1800 teachers work together, alongside our many partners in the private industry and academic institutions, to engage in cutting-edge research particularly in the fields of materials science and engineering, metallurgical engineering, and mining engineering. With the motto of “seeking truth and endorsing innovation”, USTB is committed to providing quality education and real-world opportunities to future generations of scholars and industry innovators.
A University of “Firsts”
USTB takes pride for being a leader and innovator amongst Chinese universities, and has been responsible for many “firsts” in the nation. USTB developed the country’s first electric arc furnace, designed the housing materials for China’s first satellite “Dong Fang Hong 1”, and built the nation’s first industrial-size robot. In recognition of our achievements, USTB has been chosen as one of the first universities to participate in several national high-level initiatives, including the “211 Project” and “985 Platform for National Advanced Disciplines Innovation”, as well as being one of the first universities permitted to establish a graduate degree program and establish a partnership with a foreign university during the reforming and opening-up period. In 2017 we were chosen to be part of the national “Double First-Class Initiative” to build four first-class disciplines. As a university of “firsts”, USTB continually strives to be a leading innovator in both China and the global community.
A Community of International Citizens
Since our founding, USTB has always looked outward to build relationships abroad while instilling a global mindset within our students. Every year we send hundreds of students abroad for learning exchanges, while we welcome more and more international students for advanced graduate study and Chinese language learning. Today, due to the number of successful engineers and politicians that have originated here, USTB is known as the “cradle of iron and steel engineers” and “cradle of mayors”. With an ever-growing number of alumni both in the nation and abroad, wherever you go, you are sure to find both current and former USTB students working hard to build our global community.
1. Hold a Ph.D. granted by a famous university or a scientific based research institution at home or abroad. The period in which the applicant completes the PhD dissertation should not generally exceed 3 years.
2. Have previously published in journals or have made achievements of equal significance.
3. Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
4. Be of sound moral character and in good health. The age of the candidate should, in most cases, be less than 35.
Salary and Welfare
1. A competitive salary is provided by both USTB and the supervisor (professor).
2. A postdoctoral apartment is offered.
3. Should the candidate have children and meet certain requirements they may be enrolled in an affiliated kindergarten or school.
4. Postdocs demonstrating excellent academic performance upon review are eligible to be granted remuneration for Special Associate Professors or Professors.
5. Postdocs who demonstrate excellent academic performance are eligible to be offered a faculty position at USTB upon completion of their postdoctoral fellowship.
1. A personal resume and relevant materials should be submitted to the supervisor (professor).
3. Obtain approval from USTB and the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC).
Human Resources Department of USTB
Address: 222 Administration Building,USTB,30 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District Beijing,PRC