English Teacher, Fujian Medical University (Spring 2024)

Fujian Medical University

Job Overview

More Information

Job Description

Employer: Fujian Medical University (website)

Fujian Medical University was founded in 1937. In 2003, FJMU was approved by Fujian Provincial People’s Government as one of the key universities for priority development. Now, it consists of Shangjie campus and Taijiang campus. The University has a full-time enrollment of 12,000 undergraduates, and over 2,200 postgraduate and doctoral students. Now, FJMU’s 477 professors and chief physicians, along with 682 associate professors and associate chief physicians, make part of its faculty members and medical personnel totaling up to 5,638, in which there are 528 master’s and doctor’s supervisors.

Recruitment: English Language Teaching Positions at Fujian Medical University

Fujian Medical University, a century-old medical university in Fuzhou, the capital city of China’s southeastern coastal Fujian Province, recruits teachers of spoken English all the year round.

1. Requirements:

  • 1) Native speakers of English below 60 years old
  • 2) Bachelor’s degree or higher
  • 3) TEFL/CELTA/TESOL Certificate

2. Workload

  • 1) 14 periods (40 mins/period) average per teaching week (18 teaching weeks every semester), which in total is 252 periods/per semester
  • 2) 15 hours per semester for being students’ activities judge or tutor

3. Salary and benefits

  • 1) RMB 10,000 (before tax) per month (12 months)
  • 2) RMB 10,000 for travelling allowance per year (the travel ticket receipts and boarding cards may be needed to get the reimbursement)
  • 3) on-campus housing ( a new apartment)
  • 4) RMB 300 for meal allowance per month (12 months)

4. Length of Employment:

  • 1) minimum: one-year contract. Example: Feb 24, 2024 to Feb 23, 2025
  • 2) the contract is renewable depending on your performance


1. What should I do to apply for a teaching position?

To apply for a teaching position, you need to provide:

  • 1) a resume
  • 2) a copy of your passport (ID page only)
  • 3) a copy of your diploma/certificate diploma of the highest degree or relevant accreditation certificate

2. In the apartment provided, are all the utilities paid by the university, including Internet?

  • You need to pay for electricity, water and the internet (the internet fee is about RMB 100/ per month).

3. Do the classrooms have audiovisual equipment for PowerPoint presentations?

  • Yes.

4. What kind of students am I going to teach? At what level?

  • Non English majors at undergraduate level. You may also teach graduate courses or be invited to be a guest speaker in an academic forum.

Attention in the contract

  • 1. 90% of the yearly salary will be paid on a monthly basis (the 10th day of each month). The rest 10% of yearly salary is related to your performance assessment. If your performance is rated as “Competent Performance”, you will receive the total 10% of yearly salary; If your performance is rated as “Questionable Performance”, you will receive 5% of the yearly salary; If your performance is rated as “Incompetent Performance”, you will receive none of the 10% of the yearly salary. But, all foreign teachers here do not consider it difficult to meet the requirements in performance assessment. Their performances are all rated as competent or excellent. None of them failed to receive the total 10% of yearly salary.
  • 2. Our university shall provide you with social insurance and medical insurances; The individual payment of social insurance premium shall be withheld and remitted by us from your salary. There is about 550 RMB per month for social and medical insurances, and you can have the money back when you leave the position.


English Corner Presentation


Apply for this job
Share this job
Company Information
  • Total Jobs 2 Jobs
  • Location Fuzhou
  • Full Address Jiaotong Road, Taijiang District, Fuzhou, Fujian, China
  • Website www.fjmu.edu.cn