- Address Fudan University, Handan Road, Wujiaochang, Yangpu District, Shanghai, China
- Qualification PhD
- Salary Offer ¥250k~¥500k/year (£28k~£55k/year) USD ¥250k~¥500k/year (£28k~£55k/year) Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Medical & Health Science
- Department/School Website istbi.fudan.edu.cn
Location: Shanghai, China
Salary: ¥250k~¥500k/year (£28k~£55k/year)
Employment period: Two~Four years
Hours: Full Time
No. of Appointment: One
Applications are invited for a talented, enthusiastic and highly motivated Post-Doctoral Researcher to join our team at the Institute of Science and Technology for Brain-inspired Intelligence at Fudan University and work on research project as part of a collaboration with the world-renowned Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at King’s College London, UK.
The post holder will analyse several large behavioural neuroimaging-(epi)genetics cohorts that are both population- and patient-based to identify early markers for neural processes that specifically predict psychopathology and allow for targeted early interventions. This work involves data analyses of existing large scale adolescent and adult datasets, including IMAGEN, ENIGMA, as well as datasets in Europe, China and India that are currently being generated. This will allow cross-cultural comparisons of age-related brain processes and behaviour, as well identification of epigenetic (DNA methylation) and environmental determinants. The analyses will employ state of the art methodology, including stratification and prediction techniques, deep learning and various sparse representational techniques. Results generated may be followed up using functional biological characterization, both in our research group (functional –omics), as well as an active international network of collaborating partners (including animal behavioural experts). The project receives fundings from he European Research Council, the European Commission, the UK-Medical Research Council, the U.S. National Institute of Health and others.
The position provides excellent opportunities for an ambitious individual to develop unique skills and expertise in clinical neuroscience. This post is also a unique opportunity to work with a worldwide network of collaborators and develop innovative research using cutting-edge approaches.
The successful candidate will be a talented, energetic and highly motivated individual with a track record of the highest standard in their respective fields.
- Take a leading role in the analysis of multimodal –omics data (e.g. epigenetics and MRI radiomics) and their relation to behavioural measures.
- Apply statistical techniques to dimensionality reduction and prediction using –omics, neuroimaging and environmental data
- The publication and dissemination of data arising from this project
- Attend and present at academic meetings and contribute to the visibility of the project and its aims.
- Work as a conscientious and committed member of the team in order to achieve the aims of the project
- Liaise with the administrative team for the support of the project
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to the role outline
- Assist with the supervision of PhD and MSc candidates
- Researchers who will receive their PhD soon or who graduated within the last five years;
- Experience in analysing multimodal –omics (e.g. genetic, gene expression, epigenetics) and/or neuroimaging (fMRI, structure MRI and DTI) data;
- Experience and/or interest in behavioural imaging genetics and epigenetics.
- Evidence of the ability to publish in high-impact scientific journals
- Very good English language skills.
- Establishing reserch connections with top universities globlly.
- Salary is ¥250k~¥500k/year (£28k~£55k/year).
- Additional research funding up to £23k provided to support researchers with excellent ideas and independent capability.
- Opportunities to top-up salaries up to £10k/year with grant from Shanghai Government.
- Opportunities to transfer to faculty position with start-up of £55k~£110k.
- In accordance with the policies of Fudan University, assist children of the candidates to apply for admission to kindergartens or primary school affiliated to Fudan University.
Please send your application consisting of a personal statement and a CV in English language, as well as contact information of referees and PDF of key publications to [email protected]. For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact Dr Sylvane Desrivieres: [email protected] or Dr Tianye Jia: [email protected].
Fudan University is one of the top five universities in China, and ranked at #109 in Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2020. ISTBI is a leading institute in brain-inspired artificial intelligence, neuroimaging, biomedical big data and neural engineering in China. More information can be found from https://www.fudan.edu.cn/en/ and https://istbi.fudan.edu.cn/lnen/.
King’s College London is one of the top univerisites in the UK and worldwide (#36 in Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2020) and part of the “Golden-Triangle” of elite universites in London, Cambridge and Oxford. IoPPN is a world-class top institute in the field of psychiatry (ranked #2 in psychiatry/psychology in US News Ranking 2020). More information can be found from https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/ and https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/research/centres/pons/about.
The Institute of Science and Technology for Brain-inspired Intelligence (ISTBI), is an interdisciplinary research institution of Fudan University,one of the leading universities in China. It was launched in March 2015.The predecessor of ISTBI was the Centre for Computational Systems Biology, founded in 2008 and was one of the first international and interdisciplinary research centres in Fudan University.
ISTBI covers several research fields including applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, informatics and neuroscience. The research carried out in ISTBI is interdisciplinary per se, with computational neuroscience playing a pivotal role.
ISTBI aims to make significant contributions in the development of basic theories, core algorithms and key frameworks for artificial intelligence. It also has the aims of developing intelligent diagnosis systems for brain diseases, and establishing principles of cognitive neuroscience. Ultimately, ISTBI will contribute to the innovation and the development of an intelligence-oriented society.
For more information about the institute please visit: https://istbi.fudan.edu.cn/