- Address 1 Linghai Rd., Dalian, Liaoning Province, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Discipline Science & Engineering
Lecturer in Marine Engineering
The responsibility will be, but not limited to, the teaching and training of engineering students (cadets) in the specialization subjects of:
- Marine diesel principle
- Marine electrical equipment
- Marine auxiliary engine
- Naval architecture
- Marine automation
- Marine pollution prevention
- Marine propulsion
- Tanker and LNG ship
- Personal Qualifications: Native English speaker
- Professional qualification: Chief Engineer’s Certificate of Competence (COC), unlimited.
- At least five (5) year’s sea experience as the ship’s chief engineer.
- Educational qualifications: Master’s degree or above in marine engineering or relevant disciplines; or
Bachelor’s degree in marine engineering, naval architecture
- Class Size: Average: 30 students in each class
- Work Load: Average: 10 teaching hours each week, one seminar each month.
- Accommodations: Free two-room apartment with heating system, computer, TV set,air conditioner, as well fully furnished, including basic utilities.
- Contract Period: The contract with DMU shall be preferably one academic year, i.e. September to July of the following year.
- Salary: Negotiable according to personal qualifications
- Air Ticket: An international round trip economic-class tickets shall be provided by DMU. The tickets can be purchased and will be reimbursed upon successful completion of the contract.
- Assistance: Student volunteers will be assigned to foreign teachers for guidance and assistance living at DMU.
- Application: All application documents shall be typewritten in English.
The applicants shall prepare and send the following documents:
- photocopy of your passport page containing your photo;
- copy of your graduation certificates;
- copy of COC; and
- two current reference letters.
Initial appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical examination.