- Qualification Masters
- Apply Before June 30, 2022
- Discipline Finance, Management, Economics and Business
Ulster University, located in Northern Ireland, UK, is one of the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old. Ulster is a young, dynamic and innovative university with a spirit that transforms lives, stretches minds, develops skills and raises ambitions. Ulster is consistently regarded as one of the most outward-looking institutions in the world and ranked in the top 25% of UK universities for world-leading research based on research power in REF 2014, with 72% of our research activity regarded as ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’. Ulster also has a proven track record in research innovation with the creation of 19 spin-off companies with a combined turnover of £21 million and employing almost 300 staff.
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is located in the coastal city of Dalian which is a welcoming vibrant city with a comfortable climate. With the mission of “cultivating outstanding financial talents and serving economic and social development”, DUFE is a remarkable co-ordinated university which is famous for its achievements in economics, management, law, literature and science. DUFE began substantive international exchanges in the 1980s and started Sino-foreign co-operation in running schools in 1994 as well as gradually forming a school ethos of “high standard and internationalization”.
The co-operation between Dongbei University of Finance and Economics and Ulster University began in 2003. In order to strengthen the advantages of the accounting major at DUFE, expand the international exchange and co-operation in teaching and research in this major as well as cultivate more innovative and international graduates of accounting, DUFE and Ulster University co-operated to start the accounting programme. Students have the opportunity to earn dual degrees from DUFE and from Ulster. In 2009, the project was reviewed by the Ministry of Education in China and it was approved by the MOE in 2011. The project aims to cultivate international accounting talents with expertise, professional skills and a comparative advantage in the increasingly competitive employment market through co-operation between Chinese and foreign universities. At present, there are 240 students enrolled each year, and the scale of this project is nearly 1000.
The main role of a Finance Lecturer/Senior Lecturer is to engage with the students and make sure that the students, in turn, engage with all aspects of the teaching and learning programme-classes and activities and excursions (as required). This means communicating, interacting and motivating students in their studies.
- Master’s Degree or above in Finance or a closely related field is required.
- Proven experience (minimum two years) of delivering high quality teaching in a recognized university.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and/or professional working experience in relevant fields would be an advantage.
- Ability to teach subjects using appropriate technologies and teaching and learning methods.
If travel to China is not possible due to COVID-19 then teaching will take place remotely. Teaching schedules will be timetabled with teachers’ locations in mind, but candidates should be mindful that there might be some early morning or late evening teaching.
- An extremely competitive salary package that matches those of the best universities in China.
- Generous additional expatriate benefits that include a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid holidays will be available. Salary of extraordinary candidates shall be determined on a case by case basis.
- A free apartment on campus or a corresponding housing subsidy.
- Reimbursement of all Visa costs based on the related invoices upon your arrival.
- Residency permits and working permits processed by DUFE.
- Continuing faculty will receive an amount of increase in salary based on the current paycheck as part of an annual retention plan.
- Compensation for return travel on continuing faculty’s schedules at the end of an academic year.
Applicants need to provide the following documents in their application.
- Qualification certificates (scan)
- Passport information page (scan)
- CV (Resumé)
- Two letters of reference with e-mail contact
- Current phone number
Only applicants who meet the selection criteria will be considered.
Contact* Shengyuan Sun (Human Resource Manager)
Email Address: email@example.com
<Please mention the source “ChinaUniversityJobs.com” when submitting your application.>