- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature, Medical & Health Science
- Last Refreshed December 8, 2021
About South China University of Technology
South China University of Technology (SCUT) is a leading public research-intensive educational institution in China. Located in Guangzhou, a thriving metropolis in the Pan Pearl River Delta Economic Area and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area in South China, it is now one of the 36 Class-A universities under the Chinese Ministry of Education (MoE)’s national Double First Class University Plan.
SCUT is a comprehensive research university with particular strengths in engineering, sciences, medicine, business, economics, humanities, law and other disciplines. According to Clarivate Analytics, its number of disciplines listed in the ESI global top 1‰ is tied for 6th place nationwide and ranks 1st in South China.
About Guangzhou International Campus
On March 15, 2017, the agreement of constructing the Guangzhou International Campus(GZIC) of SCUT was signed by four parties: the Ministry of Education (MoE) of the People’s Republic of China, Guangdong provincial government, Guangzhou municipal government and SCUT.
It is the first and only campus that MoE cooperates with the university and the local governments to build a world-class university in cooperation with top overseas universities. The campus aims to drive innovation and serve the country through education and research activities, as well as contribute to the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
Located on the south bank of Guangzhou International Innovation City, GZIC covers an area of 110 hectares. The first-phase campus has already opened since September 2019, and the remainder is marked for completion by the end of 2021. The total investment of the campus is estimated to exceed 20 billion RMB. Upon completion, the campus will enroll about 12,000 students and employ 1,600 staff.
In line with SCUT’s strength in engineering, the Guangzhou International Campus will focus on disciplines such as intelligent manufacturing, biological medicine, advanced materials, ecological environment, AI and other emerging engineering and interdisciplinary fields.
Ten new engineering schools and a host of cross disciplinary research institutes will be setup on the campus. So far, four schools have been established, namely, the School of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering, the Shien-Ming Wu School of Intelligent Engineering, the School of Molecular Science and Engineering, and the School of Microelectronics.
The schools offer undergraduate, master, and doctoral programs. Enrollment for graduate students has started since September 2018, while undergraduate enrollment began in September 2019 in the fields of biomedical engineering, robotics engineering, intelligent manufacturing engineering, molecular science and engineering, and microelectronics science and engineering.
Disciplines for Recruitment
- （1）Engineering： Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Safety Science and Engineering, Power Engineering and Engineering Thermal Physics,Electrical Engineering, Electronic Science and technology, Information and Communication Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Network Space Safety, Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Mechanics, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Light Industry Technology and Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Food Science and Engineering, Software Engineering.
- （2）Nature Science: Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics.
- （3）Medicine: Basic Medicine, Clinical Medicine.
- （4）Management Science： Management Science and Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration.
- （5）Economics: Applied Economics.
- （6）Literature: Foreign Languages and Literatures, Journalism and Communication.
- （7）Law: Theory of Marxism，Science of law.
- （8）Art: Music and Dance, Design.
- （9）Physical Education and Sport Science.
1. Faculty Position (Tenure Track): Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- Requires a doctoral degree in the relevant discipline.
- Applicants should have qualifications and research records that meet the standards for serving as a tenure track assistant professor or associate professor at world-class universities or research institutes.
- Applicants are expected to work full-time with a tenure track period of 6 years, consisting of a first employment contract of 3 years and a subsequent renewable one of 3 years. Successful candidates at the rank of associate professor may apply for an early tenure review within the normal window of 6 years.
2. Faculty Position (Tenured Track): Associate Professor or Full Professor
- Applicants have served as a tenured associate professor or in an equivalent position at a world-class university or research institute, or have an academic record of the same standard.
- All applicants are expected to work full-time on campus after accepting the offer.
- Those who have been employed in faculty positions simultaneously qualify as graduate supervisors and will be offered postgraduate enrollment quotas.
- Qualified postdoctoral fellows recruited by those who are employed in faculty positions will be paid for by the university for two years.
- Start-up research funds and suitable research space will be provided in accordance with the requirements of the position.
- The university will support faculty members to apply for various competitive grants from the national government， Guangdong province, Guangzhou municipality and enterprises to obtain scientific research support.
- Salary: a competitive salary corresponding to the position will be provided comparable to that of top international universities. For applicants who have obtained faculty positions in world-class universities, the salary can be negotiated with reference to the applicant’s current salary and benefits.
- Housing benefits: on-campus rental apartment (subject to application and approval) and a housing subsidy ranging from RMB 1 million to 10 million may be provided according to relevant policies of Guangdong province and Guangzhou municipality.
- Other benefits: according to relevant Chinese policies for non-Chinese citizens, the university will pay the employee component of Chinese social insurance, and help with children’s enrollment in the university’s kindergarten, primary, and secondary schools.
Your application materials should include your curriculum vitae, a research plan, and a teaching plan (all in PDF format). In addition, your three referees should send their recommendation letters to the academic recruitment email address of the campus at email@example.com, indicating the name of the applicant/s as the subject of the email. This search for faculty is ongoing year round. We welcome all domestic and foreign applicants to join us!