- Address 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Year Round
- Salary Offer Based on qualification and the salary scales of SJTU USD Based on qualification and the salary scales of SJTU Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Last Refreshed Jan 18, 2022
- Department/School Website soo.sjtu.edu.cn
About School of Oceanography
The School of Oceanography (SOO) at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) has more than 60 faculty and staff members, and approximately 200 undergraduate and graduate students in marine sciences. Its research areas include physical, chemical, biological and geological oceanography, and marine technologies. The mission of the SOO is seeking solutions for basic and emerging questions in the global ocean, developing a vigorous educational program for the next generation of scientists in ocean sciences and technologies, and providing service to our global communities.
The SOO is on the trajectory expanding to 100 faculty and staff members, and is recruiting scientists in all oceanographic and marine technology fields. Oversea applicants are especially welcome to apply.
An applicant must possess a PhD degree at the time to apply. Postdoctoral research and work experience are preferred but not required. Candidates are expected to carry out independent, externally funded research programs, to supervise graduate students, and to collaborate with other faculty in research and teaching.
- Chair Professor/ Distinguished Professor/ Tenured Professor/ Tenured Associate Professor/ Tenure-track Associate Professor/ Tenure-track Assistant Professor
- Assistant Research Scientist
- Post-Doctoral Fellow
Fields（not limited to）: Physical, chemical, biological and geological oceanography, ocean technologies, marine resource management and marine law.
Salary: Based on qualification and the salary scales of SJTU.
Closing date: Applications are accepted any time. The recruitment remains open until all positions are filled.
An applicant should send the following materials via email or via CUJ online application:
- curriculum vitae,
- a statement of teaching and research interests and goals,
- 5 representative publications, and
- contact information of at least three referees.
Address: School of Oceanography, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1954 Huashan Road, Xuhui, Shanghai, China, Postcode 200030.
* Please mention ChinaUniversityJobs.com when submitting your application.