- Address Xueyuan Avenue, Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Dec. 31, 2021
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website stat-ds.sustech.edu.cn
- Co-managing the research team, undertaking research in areas including big data analysis, mathematics modelling, emergency management and decision making, risk detection and assessment, and big data enabled system design and development.
- Participating in other relevant projects which may have.
- Publishing papers in top conferences and journals.
- Able to independently applying for research grants and supporting the long-term research plan of the research team.
- Assisting/organizing grant applications of the research team and fulfilling relevant research tasks.
- Supervising or assisting in supervising PhD students, master students etc.
- A PhD or equivalent in computer science, mathematics or public safety management or a closely related discipline.
- Have postdoctoral (or above) research experience in a research-oriented university or research institute.
- More than 2 publications in top conferences or journals in related research areas within the last 5 years.
- Capabilities of carrying out independent research in related areas.
1. A fix term contract for three years with the possibility of extension and a competitive salary (350,000-450,000 CNY per annum for Research Associate Professor and 250,000-350,000 CNY per annum for Research Assistant Professor). In addition, there are an annual bonus equivalent to 1 month base salary and a performance bonus equivalent to 1-3 month base salary. The successful candidates will receive the same benefits as the faculty staff, including subsidy for meals, hot weather, festivals and other benefit required by the law.
2. Well established research facilities and full support for grant applications.
About the team:
Dr. Lili Yang is a professor in Department of Statistics and Data Science at SUSTech. Her research team has a strong track record in the research areas of big data analysis, mathematics modeling, public safety management, theory and methodology of risk detection and assessment in public events, big data enabled emergency platform. The research team consists of more than 20 members including professors, PhD students, master students and research assistants. The office is located in Nanshan district, Shenzhen. The team is currently undertaking a number of national funded projects and has sufficient finance supports.