- Address 224 Waterloo Rd, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- Qualification PhD
DAVID C. LAM INSTITUTE FOR EAST-WEST STUDIES (LEWI)
LEWI was established in 1993 with the aim to foster interdisciplinary social sciences and humanities research and cultivate collaborative scholarship between the East and the West.
Post-doctoral Research Fellow (PR0100/22-23)
We are seeking two Post-doctoral Research Fellows to conduct research in one of the following areas:
1. Global China (Belt and Road Initiative, global politics and governance, foreign investment, technology transfer, climate change and sustainability)
2. Environment, health and sustainability (global and local environmental governance, just transition, eco-urbanism, environmental health, climate change and sustainability)
3. Public policy making in multi-level governance (public health policymaking in times of pandemics, comparative regionalism in Europe and Asia, the legal foundations of multi-level governance regimes)
4. Urbanization, labour and mobility (capital-labor-commodity mobility nexus, rural-urban mobility dynamics, global production and value chains, migrant integration and social service landscape in urban centres in Asia)
The appointee will join a vibrant and stimulating research environment. The appointee will be given significant autonomy to conduct high-quality and innovative research, apply for external competitive research grants, and develop future research areas.
The appointee should have a PhD in social sciences (urban studies, geography, political science, sociology, etc.) and a good publication record.
Enquiries about the duties of the post should be sent to Dr. Kevin Lo at [email protected].
The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year commencing as soon as possible. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications using the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of the application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised. The appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.