- Address 224 Waterloo Rd, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- Qualification PhD
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF GOVERNMENT & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
Project Assistant (PR0588/22-23)
Hong Kong Baptist University has been awarded funding under Job Creation Scheme 3.0 supported by the Government to create employment opportunities.
The Department of Government and International Studies (GIS) was established at Hong Kong Baptist University in 1994. It trains students in different aspects of political science, with a strong emphasis on international relations and comparative politics, and in European Studies. The Department offers two undergraduate programmes: BSocSc (Hons) in Government and International Studies (political science, with an emphasis on comparative politics and international relations) and BSocSc (Hons) in European Studies (trans-disciplinary, with an emphasis on the study of French- and German-speaking areas of Europe).
We are looking for a Project Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Departmental Head, the Programme Director of European Studies, and the Course Convenor of the French Stream, to provide support for the Department’s teaching and research activities related to European Studies, and administrative assistance to sustain our vibrant French Stream.
- Provide administrative support to the Departmental Head and Programme Director;
- Assist in the coordination of the exchange year for our European Studies students, including communicating with partner institutions, organising information sessions, and supporting students through the application process;
- Conduct research and literature reviews to support the teaching and research activities of the Department, under the guidance of the Departmental Head; and
- Provide administrative assistance for the forthcoming Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as political science, international relations, or European studies;
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to one year. Re-appointment thereafter is subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (https://jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at https://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.